ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 question spare wheel

Ph1 track car, Dci
Firstly sorry for the newbie question, i have searched but its not answered my question, im new to the world of clios..

Just bought a 172 not yet got the v5, the car has no spare wheel hole just a flat floor, i thought this was only on the 172 cup? Can anyone clear this up for me? As the car has aircon, headlight washers, leather..

Car is 2002 mk2 172

Ph1 track car, Dci
Intersting to hear thoughts on the creased boot floor, Illhave to get a picture. The car has had 182 exhaust fitted and bumper too. Also has the cup spolier so its pretty random but all the best parts lol.

I've sometimes heard some insurers stating that the reg they were given was for a 172, when the customer knows they have a 182.

Maybe a registration error?

So in turn you may have just bought a 182 that's down as a 172, maybe.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Probably just been modded for the 182 Back en. I wouldn't worry too much

53 Clio's & counting
If someone wanted a 182 exhaust, then doing a proper job of it would be replacing the boot floor with a 182 boot floor - sounds like someone has done that and done it properly, rather than one of those 182 'look' exhausts

Ph1 track car, Dci
Ok cheers lads that clears it up, ive stripped it out last night an theres no signs of creasing or damage so looks like it has been cut for the exhaust.