ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Rear Exhaust Rubber

After having my magnex on the car for about a week, I noticed last night that it has dropped about an inch, after looking underneath it looks like my exhaust rubber right at the back has failed as the lug that comes off the back box is near enough sitting on the bottom of the cradle where the rubber sits. I have ust ordered a new rubber for £18 so Im hoping this should solve my prob..

Has this happened to any of you lot?

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine is solid as a rock since the refit. It sits just how I wanted it.

I assume thats the rubber on the right, which is held on by a small jubilee clip?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

mine went like that, really bad, rubber eventually completely screwed, and exhaust dropped and ended up resting and rattling on the metal mount, so i stripped it, got a full rubber mount for halfords for like 1.29 or something, epoxy resign, cut the crappy rubber mount out, put the new one in, covered it in epoxy resign, and with that and a combination of cable ties, the exhaust it going absoloutely nowhere now!, all for about a tenner!

I just got a new rubber from renault for £18 so will bolt that on and see how it goes..

Thanks for your help and I feel better knowing that Im not alone haha

C

Cupster

I had to get a new rubber when I got my Mongoose also had a second hanger made so there is no chance of it going again!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

easy to change. just undo three 13m bolts and the 8m bolt from the exhaust hanger. slide it off. didnt your magnex come with the extra bolt on exhaust bracket which helps support the rear box?

Yeah, after inspection is was the additional magnex one that he rubber had come off, slid it back on and is perfect again.. now I have a spair exhaust bracket tho :-(

Nevermind..