ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Springs

Black ph2 172
This may be a stupid question but here goes :)
Are 172 cup springs stiffer than standard springs ? im looking to stiffen up my 172 cos it rolls like a b**ch when going round corners and i cant afford to lower it atm due to insurance and lack of funds is there anyway i can make the ride of my car better by putting stiffer springs on or shorter springs on my standard shocks ??
p.s im new to this modding world so go easy on me :p
cheers

Ph1
Eibach pro springs ? They don't lower and iirc are black so near enough factory look plus Eibach have always had a good reputation on the Clio scene

Iceberg 172
Eibachs will have to be declared though, whereas no one would notice cup springs.
Yes they are lower and stiffer, though nothing too noticable! 3mm I think! might look lower than a cup though from the extra weight of the normal 172

If its just being "noticeable" to your insurer you're concerned with then buy the eibach sportlines and spray them black. No?

I seriously doubt any insurer would notice the small difference in ride height. If it doesn't look MAX POWER it will just be viewed as "the 2 litre clio sport, the suped-up one" to any assessor in the unfortunate event of any misshaps.

But, In the eyes of the law you would be illegal, but then I think you would be with the cup springs too......Just fit eibach's!