ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 still vibrates

ph - Quick Silver!
Right ive changed every one of my engine mounts an my car still vibrates like mad:( even on idel? but when i push and hold the gear stick really hard into reverse the vibration stops some its turning me mad and every garage i go to tells me the same thing the rear gearbox mount which ive changed

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Allow me to translate, did you make sure the mounts are correctly aligned.

ph - Quick Silver!
the garage fitted it for me but the top engine mount has a bit of a gap about an inch but yeah the car misfires some times it wont go past 3.000 rpm

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Allow me to translate, did you make sure the mounts are correctly aligned.

No actually...Mounts will sit pretty much in 1 place...You can adjust the position of the engine.

....FIST YERSEL...

Translation, Insert fist inside your anus...

Robbo out!.

ph - Quick Silver!
No actually...Mounts will sit pretty much in 1 place...You can adjust the position of the engine.

....FIST YERSEL...

Translation, Insert fist inside your anus...

Robbo out!.

what are you on about

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
loosen the 4 16mm bolts on the lefthand side,

use a bar to push the engine forward (towards the headlights) it should move around 20mm

then tighten the 4 16mm bolts back up night and tight.

Done

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
If its misfiring, take off the plug leads and make sure they arent wet inside. Condensation gets trapped inside. If you have been washing the engine at all its highly likely the leads are soaking wet. Cut a series of small V cuts in the rubber sealing rings round the outside of each pencil coil to allow condensation to escape. also soak everything with WD40 befor re-assembly. Take the plugs out and make sure they are clean, or suggest fitting a new set if they are really dirty.

ph - Quick Silver!
thanks for all the replys am gona try the moveing the engine forward thing an do the plug leads

ph - Quick Silver!
loosen the 4 16mm bolts on the lefthand side,

use a bar to push the engine forward (towards the headlights) it should move around 20mm

then tighten the 4 16mm bolts back up night and tight.

Done

I've dun this an it still vibrates like mad what could it possibly be?

ph - Quick Silver!
it vibrates while driveing in all gears and i hear a bang if let the clutch out fast but when i revese it dont vibrate until i stop pressing the accelerator

still sounds like engine mounts on the face of it. have you checked that the lower nut for the upper gearbox mount is tight? need to remove n/s wheel and get a ring spanner on the nut; remove battery and upper gearbox mount; tighten the exposed spindle into the nut you're holding from underneath

172 cup
ahh i had this on upper gearbox mount i changed mine then the manifold banged like mad on the subframe remove battery and loosen then two 13mm bolts then either use an angine crane or a mate to pull onn the engine and you should see the gearbox mount come forward the re tighten it that will tilt the exhaust manifold away from the subframe :)

Matty