ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 to 182 exhaust manifold

clio sport 172
right thinking of changing my manifold to a 182 right here are the questions i no i need the 182 cat but will i need to do anythink else to my exhaust. Also will i notice the power difference and how many of you have done it

thanks

Rob

Lionel Richie
you need to chop down your existing centre section slightly and weld a flange onto the 182 CAT

loads of effort for hardly much gain

(i prefer the 172 manifold anyway!)

clio sport 172
bloody hell that bad is there any good mechanical mods you can do then that wont break the bank??

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
i`ve done it on me 172 cup, not really made much of a difference n cost a small fortune to fit!! but havin ITB`s fit at mo so should hopefully produce better airflow wiv the throttle boddies.

ur`s is a 172?? surely u wud be better gettin a d-cat pipe from k-tec which will allow u 2 fit a 182 manifold to a 172 exhaust cause thats what i hav, surely fitting a 182 cat won`t fit the normal 172 exhaust or uprated exhaust (unless you r gettin a 182 exhaust obviously) well thats the impression i got when i ordered mine. fred??

182 manifold will need a link pipe for the decat , or you can buy the sports cat which fits straight on and goes to any 172 exhaust system .

you get more lower down power grunt with the manifold upgrade .

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
Ive done it and personally i think its definately worth it. I noticed the pick up straight away especially mid range. Alot more torquy as well. Obviously it leaves you exposed as theres no longer a cat on ur car. Id had some port&polishing done beforehand so whether that had an impact on the difference?
I spoke to Andy@GDI about it&he said he,d done a few cars&they,d sen no improvements where as some did.
Id say Go for it rob!

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
between the 182 manifold and the 172 exhaust centre section is one pipe, whatever you want to call it... link pipe or decat

The 182 manifold upgrade , as well as the inlet work , is where the 182 gets the majority of the 10bhp increase from the 172 .

lift number 1 @ btm
mine definately seemed more torquey after i had this done, but for mine they shortened the original cat. i dont know what it was like before, but now the flanges are straight on to the cat itself. i'm in france this week but i can get some pics when i'm back if it will help?

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
link pipe is the decat!

i was under the impression you need a link pipe with the decat for the 182 manifold to fit onto the 172 exhaust ....oh hum :eek:

as i said lol," ur`s is a 172?? surely u wud be better gettin a d-cat pipe from k-tec which will allow u 2 fit a 182 manifold to a 172 exhaust cause thats what i hav, surely fitting a 182 cat won`t fit the normal 172 exhaust or uprated exhaust (unless you r gettin a 182 exhaust obviously) well thats the impression i got when i ordered mine."

clio sport 172
im getting the manifold of a 182 as well but would like to have a 182 cat would i still have to extend the pipe to my old exhaust ??

clio sport 172
bugger think your de4f right prob best just leaving it all mmm time to look some were else then i think may be my cams??

172 phII
I ve put 182 exhaust manifold on existing decat system and the difference is noticable especially 2800 - 5000 rpm! Top end power increased by 4bhp!:cool:

Also manifold is now termo isolated and that increases the ex gases speed and also lowers engine bay temp.

Give it a go, you will like it!

Dyno - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gc_fF5aEcs