ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 with 182 engine refusing to start

Clio 1.2 16v
Hey folks, Ive got a 172 here fitted with a 182 engine from an 05 Clio, its still running the 172 ecu as it wouldnt accept the 182 one. It starts most of the time but when it does, it only revs to around 4500rpm, there are no warning lights or error codes coming up, nearly every sensor has been replaced and im all out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys as I need it for work.

Clio 1.2 16v
I have been informed if I fit a 182 cup engine to 172 full fat I need to change the ecu to one from 172 cup, can someone please tell me if this would be right, already established the 182 cup ecu doesnt work with the car and im not a mechanic so I have no idea what it is thats wrong.

if its a 182 engine that doesen't run with a 182 ecu then there is def something weird going on, when you say it wont accept the 182 ecu, what do you mean ? it just wont start with it, does it turn over with the 182 ecu ? what happens, more info pls

dan's cast offs.
sorry, read it as ticks over at 4,500.

you need to use the ecu from the car you've put the engine in.