ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 wont start

F20 118d, Clio 172
Hello,

I have done a search on the problem to no avail.

I have recently purchased a 2003 Clio 172 under the impression the cambelt had snapped. On further inspection, one of the idlers had given up the ghost and caused the cambelt to slip. We have fitted a gates power grip kit using the correct tools so i am confident we have timed the car back up correctly.

After putting the car back together today, the car is turning over but not firing. The car appears to have a good spark and is receiving fuel.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions ?

Cheers,

Ben

dan's cast offs.
nope, pressurizes the cylinder and shows up any leaks. you can do compression test as chances are valves bent so would show up easy enough.

F20 118d, Clio 172
Got ya. Not done since the cambelt was changed. Prior to the cambelt being changed, no compression was registered on the tester in any of the cylinders, we put that down to the timing being out! Either that or a dodgy tester which seems unlikely given that its practically brand new.