ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172CUP - Do i need to lower it?

RB 182 cup,astra sri
i have been thinking of lowering the car for sometime now. My reasons are mainly for aesthetics.

Should i lower it? if i do will i lose the good handling i already have? Baring in mind that the 172 cup has pretty good handling already.

if i was going to lower it, it would probably be just the springs. If this is the case, which springs do it get??

Cheers

CP

I think you are better off with just some springs if its aesthetics you are bothered about. Some eibachs are the best compromise for handling and comfort.They eliminate a few degrees of roll without making it too jaring.

I'd change both springs and dampers always but if you wan to just chnage springs I think eisback are a popular choice.

M2 Competition
H+r coilovers if you can afford it mate... will make the already great handling superb, and look the nuts... do it, well worth the money...

Lol at chris, cups have the ride height of 4x4's as standard!

Peperami said:
H+r coilovers if you can afford it mate... will make the already great handling superb, and look the nuts... do it, well worth the money...

Lol at chris, cups have the ride height of 4x4's as standard!

You got yours fitted yet fella?

M2 Competition
Nope, not yet... :(

Having a hoo ha with insurance (may have to sell the car due to a claim being made against me and my premium rising 1k... )so they're still sitting on my bedroom floor.

Me mate tom (mr stabby's) done his and im well jealous.

Peperami said:
Nope, not yet... :(

Having a hoo ha with insurance (may have to sell the car due to a claim being made against me and my premium rising 1k... )so they're still sitting on my bedroom floor.

C*nts :dapprove:

Weeman sucks ****
ant said:
yeah them touring cars just look stoopid!

^^^lol.

H&R, own it...

DSC_2215.gif

M2 Competition
Nooooooooooo dont post more pics of h+r's, you'll make me sad!

I want to say fook it and fit them now, but sarah is being sensible and wont let me til the insurance thing is sorted :rolleyes: lol.

Mind you, she goes on holiday in a couple of weeks... and while the cats away...

Dan fits h+r's! LOL! :eek:

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
You dont need to lower it but it looks ghey stock height
Ive had the apex and they are ok but the H&Rs are amazing.
Remember if you go for coilovers it would be a good idea to get em properly fitted and set up. Look about spending £1k for the project.

It will look like this tho! :)

Attachments

• Brands_029.jpg
    Brands_029.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 147
  M2 Competition
100 quid cheaper, but the trip to my mates to set them up would be 40 quids worth of petrol, and an extra day of hassle...

Peperami said:
Nooooooooooo dont post more pics of h+r's, you'll make me sad!
Sorry mate ;)
IMG_3260Large.gif

I agree with Iain C - I had Apex too and they're not bad, but H&Rs are superb (but so they should be for the money). Only had mine on a few days - hence the crap pic - but liking it.

dCi 100
Hi,

I had APEX on my former car (Polo G40) and they have to be the harshest springs there is. They probably work fine on track, but they're no good for the road.

I've got H&R on the Clio and I'm pretty satisfied. It retained pretty much the same level of confort, lowered enough 30mm and the car grabs onto the road very very nicely :)

With the -30mm H&R the car looks like this: ( the tints are Photoshop)

HPIM1641.jpg

Cheers,
João

130i, 306 hdi, vrs
CHRIS172CUP said:
eibach do not lower 172 cups!

Yes they do ! I have a set of pros on my cup and the car is now 1 inch lower not much i know but there is a differance . p.s dont put apex on looks good goes s**t ! imo.

ant

yep.
manji said:
Hi,

I had APEX on my former car (Polo G40) and they have to be the harshest springs there is. They probably work fine on track, but they're no good for the road.

jeez theres some big girls on here ;)

apex are fine, a bit harsh but a great improvement for 90 bones!

Ive just had my h&rs put on my 172cup by a friend!where can i get them set up properly?what do i need doing and where or who could do it in the berkshire area?

M2 Competition
You live near reading fella? ^^

any idea where would fit them locally then?

Am probably getting mark fish/ yozzasport to set mine up eventually...

M2 Competition
Lol, have just sent you a pm mate. Ignore most of it then!

Erm... not at the moment, prob gonna travel to get them done if i fit them.

dCi 100
ant said:
jeez theres some big girls on here ;)

apex are fine, a bit harsh but a great improvement for 90 bones!

Well, they're probably Ok for the price, but I rather spend a little more and have something that doesn't break my back :D

But anyway, I was using Apex springs with Koni damper in a 1992 PoloG40. Maybe on the clio its not that noticeable ;) :approve:

Cheers,
João