ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172ph1 sound system project

172ph1
Hi there everyone, it’s about time I shared some of the work I’ve put into my Clio the last 2 years, must bee at least a few thousand hours now.
I hope some of you might find it more interesting than distasteful modding or styling a Clio 172ph1.

I’ve had my door trims totally dismantled and made molds for mounting the 3way component speakers, fairly easy task, but very time consuming. Bass and midrange in the door and tweeters in dash.

100_2177_800x600.jpg

100_2178_800x600.jpg

100_2181_800x600.jpg

100_2227_800x600.jpg

As this picture shows, I’m still working on it. But the door trim is back on and cables are run into the cabin, some bits are out for painting and the top half dashboard will be too.

And then there is the rear speakers, went for the same set as the ones in the front,

The side panel:
100_2248_800x600.jpg

The midrange and tweeter will be mounted in the C-pillar, don’t have pictures now but will put some up.

100_2272_800x600.jpg

Now upholstered with leather and ready for fitment, I’ve used real leather in the back and I went with some fake look-alike stuff in the front, and I’m really regretting that. So now that will have to be reupholstered with leather later on. Looks much better in real leather.

There are lots of other modifications made, if you like to know I’m happy to share and open to comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
looks like a smart job bit to in your face for me but i bet it sounds good. plenty of sound deadening im hoping? any pics of the car outside matey?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
that looks amazing!! very brave for going with the 3-way imo as theres always gonna be a lot of work/fabrication involved when fitting them! have you got any more pics of the build process - sound deadening and fibre-glassing?

the JBLs look lush to ...what model are they? how do they sound?? have you got an install in the boot?

172ph1
Thanks for the feedback, as for sound deadening- I’m going for dynamat in the doors and rear sides were I’m fitting the speakers. Don’t think I’ll do any further deadening for road/engine noise.

Speakers are: JBL P6563C

I’ll try and find some pics of the build progress, but don’t remember taken many. Boot is clean look, I’ll have some pictures later.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
looks nice, a bit like mine

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

mine are getting redone though.

hope it sounds good :D

172ph1
Here are some pictures of the c-pillar plastic; I’ve fitted the midrange and tweeter, now all the bits are ready for mounting.

100_2300_800x600.jpg

100_2293_800x600.jpg

The reason why I upholstered part of the plastic is to match the rest of the boot install; I’ll have pics of it this weekend.

100_2288_800x600.jpg

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
I wouldnt even know where to start to make moulds like that. Or even where to start to make measurements! Really good project, will be watching this one

172ph1
Then there is the boot; I wanted a clean and practical install.

100_2313_800x600.jpg

I raised the boot floor about 4-5 inches. I used it to hide all the cables and fitted the amp up under the floor I made a little Plexiglas window or what it can be called to show off the PC I fitted for audio & video playback.

100_2320_800x600.jpg

It is nothing much; if I remember correct it was an amd 1.3 GHz on a full size motherboard. It is enough to run mp3 and videos

a picture of it running in mp3 mode, 8, 4" touch screen and very touch screen friendly software. Simple and functional. LOVE IT!!:cool:

100_1674_800x600.jpg

Not running at the moment but fits very well in the Clio dashboard

100_2325_800x600.jpg

There is still one mod I've not posted that's the boot shelf, put a lot of work into it too,

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
WESTWOOD??? PMSL!!
install looks awesome mate, i tried making door builds once, smashed them in rage, were awful!! pc and touch screen are the bomb! ;)

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
mint matey, judging by the carputer im guessing your a mamber of mp3car.com or a'like ?

is it windows/linux/mac ?

do you use centrafuse and a front end ?

wish i had the time or money to do a build like that, very tidy and OE looking in places and good/tidy boot space left

jamie

172ph1
Thanks you guys for all the positive response, I've really put allot of time and effort into the install.

I see many of you ask for a guide, I'll definitely do one when I rebuild the doors. I wanted it to be a little more OE looking than it turned out. And it is next on my list after I get the car running again.

As for the carputer, on the picture it’s running with "in car terminal" a very basic and simple software, but the moment it's running with standard window XP and centrafuse