ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 aux belt/pas pump/alternator issue

Fabia VRS
hi all,

recently picked up my 182, with a suspected broken pas pump, as it squeals loads when turning, not just on full lock. I inspected it this weekend, and it looks like the alternator isn't bolted in properly (i've attached a pic). the pulley on the alternator also sticks and stops spinning when the car is on full lock as well. Now i can't bolt the alternator in properly like it looks like it should be as the belt is too tight, so i need to losen the tensioner. can somebody explain where how to get to it and where it is?

also, am i right in thinking that with the alternator in properly and the pulley running as it should be, the squeaking will stop? hopefully the pics will help with my vague explanation. 20141004_170406_resized.jpg20141004_170358_resized.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
The top of the alternator should be bolted but by the looks of that the lower bolt isn't fixed.

The alternator looks to be sitting pissed.

Fabia VRS
The top of the alternator should be bolted but by the looks of that the lower bolt isn't fixed.

The alternator looks to be sitting pissed.

yeah it didn't look right to me. so losen the tensior, bolt it in properly and change the belt and i'm good to go? Would that be causing the pulley on the alternator to stick and cause a squeak? Rather than a potentially nakered pas pump?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah get the auxiliary belt off, get the bottom alternator bolt straight and tight.

Fit new top nut and bolt to the alternator and then fit a new auxiliary belt.

How old is the auxiliary tensioner?
Might be worth fitting a new kit (belt, tensioner and lower pulley)

Fabia VRS
Yeah get the auxiliary belt off, get the bottom alternator bolt straight and tight.

Fit new top nut and bolt to the alternator and then fit a new auxiliary belt.

How old is the auxiliary tensioner?
Might be worth fitting a new kit (belt, tensioner and lower pulley)
ok thanks. is the tensioner easy to get to? and i'm not sure off the top of my head, i've got all the history at home, just at work at the minute - i'll bear that in mind though if its due a change.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It's not the easiest tbh.

The auxiliary belt kit is about £55 from Adam at Wolverhampton Renault on here.