ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Boot Lid

Hi. I recently drove over some biggish speed bumps and the car seemed to have developed a boot rattle. I checked the boot and it seems to be loose. Its locked and wont open but it moves around a couple of mm's so im assuming something has come loose. I also noticed the metal hook thats on the top of the bumper that looks the boot lid down, that moves up and down pretty easy. could that be the problem or are they meant to move to aid opening the boot? Thanks

Ah yeh could be that. I wrapped the badge and the otger week so might not have tightened it up enough. Just on holiday in anglesey till friday so didnt want to break anything while im away trying to fix it haha.

You could've fubared to locking solenoid they're delicate little things. Recently replaced mine.

Remove the inner boot lining and pull on what looks to be a silver metal rod (coat hanger type metal) the boot just lifted after that then changed the mechanism behind the boot button.