ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 central locking problem... resolved!

182 has now gone!
Just a bit of a rant :mad: and advise for other who have the same problem..

Last year my central locking stopped working. I can still lock the car with the key, and by pushing the central locking button on the dashboard. But they key fob will not work.

Renault charged me £100 for a diagnostic. They advised that it was due to a faulty UCH unit. Because this is a sealed unit it would have to be replaced. The key and the central locking are working fine, but the unit is not responding. They quoted £175.00 for the part, then fitting and programming would be a total of £400!! My dealer told me to contact Renault UK to see if anything could be done....

Renault UK didnt want to know, and told me this was due to wear and tear???? and I would have to pay the full cost.

I decided that because the car hasnt got an alarm, I would get round this by having an alarm fitted that works the central locking as well. Luckily I know someone who is a car alarm fitter and he did this for me.

Turns out when he disconnected the battery to fit the alarm, when he reconnected it the central locking now works on the key!! the key fob works!!!
So all that needed to be done was to disconnect and re connect the battery to re set the central locking. I went ahead and had the alarm fitted anyway.

I am going to write to Renault (not that it will prob do any good) and complain. As they were going to go ahead and charge me £400 to fix this. But something as simple as disconnecting the battery they cant figure out!

Just thought I would post this incase others are having the same prob..

Sticking solenoids Alex, nothing to do with the battery.

Simple fix (shows I know all about her ;)) undo the three bolts that look to hold the lock into the door skin. Spray in some WD40. Lock and unlock manually using the key. Retighten up the bolts and it will work.

They are known for sticking solenoids, but there is no point shelling out for a new one when it only sticks every so often.

I did this on the way to FCS07, Jords has pictures!!

DCi 100

Simple fix (shows I know all about her ;)) undo the three bolts that look to hold the lock into the door skin. Spray in some WD40. Lock and unlock manually using the key. Retighten up the bolts and it will work.

They are known for sticking solenoids, but there is no point shelling out for a new one when it only sticks every so often.

Passenger side yeah? Why didn't you just wait till you got home :eek: Cheers will try it! Appreciate.:approve:

clio sport 172
UPDATE...........I understand this is a very old post but if your reading this Clare your an absolute star!! Just saved me a fortune!!! Im a happy man.

Passenger side yeah? Why didn't you just wait till you got home :eek: Cheers will try it! Appreciate.:approve:

Drivers side for me but will be the same issue.

I was at the service station and couldn't lock or unlock the car and it takes five seconds to do :cool:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

I know this is an old post but do you have a bit more info on this mate which bolts and what to spray with wd 40 ?
changed my battery today in fob now it wont work you dont think its the battery needs disconecting then ?

182 has now gone!
UPDATE...........I understand this is a very old post but if your reading this Clare your an absolute star!! Just saved me a fortune!!! Im a happy man.

Just seen this, glad it worked for you and saved you getting raped by Renault!! :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mine has just started doing this. I've just taked the battery terminal off now.

I'll update this if it works.

Phase 2 172
Might have to get in on this one, mine doesn't work either, but does via button inside. Individual door locks work but not central and not the boot...

mine stoped working today and my other key dont work, but the button in the middle works, so i will try the wd40 and then the battery tomo.

Hope it works and will post back!

Clio 1.2 dynamique 16V
Hey Guys,

Just seen this thread. Do you think this method will work for a 2004 1.2 Dynamique. My remote central locking is not working. Changed the key batteries and I know they are sending a signal as I got them tested. I refuse to get shafted by renault!

Cheers,
Rob

For me. It has worked but it only works for a limited time and the problem comes again by time. I've not check the solenoids problem. How to know which one could be the problem ?

Clio 180 Sport
Just noticed this kind of behaviour on mine.. And on top that the car wont start.
I suspect the battery has given up. Will try though.

spasimodo

ClioSport Club Member
Just had this problem and thought I would add something to this thread. I simply sprayed WD40 directly in to the keyhole using the red tube thingy you get with the can, worked the locks with the key a few times on either side (immediately noticeable difference in that the stiffness went aaway) and the remote locked and locked the car straight away. No faffing about unbolting the lock from the door skin etc. (y)