ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 clutch pedal heavy

After owning my 182 now iv gotten used to the clutch but it is still a pain in traffic

The other day I had the opportunity to try the clutch of another 182 and that was as light as a hydrolic system!

My clio has had a new cable fitted by the previous owner

After looking at a few threads on here it looks like the release bearing for the clutch could be to blame.

I have also noticed a few threads about a soft clutch conversion is this possible on the 182*

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They get heavier as they get older.

Mine is on 92k on the original clutch and it's heavy. I'm having a new one fitted soon along with a new gearbox with a diff in. I'm expecting it to be lighter than it is now, but i won't worry if it's the same as i like the feel of it tbh.

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've had mine done - mine was VERY heavy when replaced. It's still a heavy clutch when new (vs modern hydraulic systems) but much lighter than my 118k old one.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Usually it's the cover plate that ages and becomes stiff, replace the clutch and it'll be lighter again

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
bugger of a job, engine out or drop the subframe gearbox side to get enough space to shift it over into wheel arch and access clutch. its tight though

RB 182 FF
Mine had a new clutch at around 90k, it only made it marginally lighter than it was and it's now on 101k and i think it feels as it always has.... They are heavy!😊

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Mine was really heavy before a clutch change, it felt like it had ruined the car for a while afterwards.

I left it parked up last week and drove my other halfs mk3 1.4 Clio and mine now feels great again :grinning:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just replaced my 120k one that's done numerous 1/4 miles, probably circa 800 track miles and general abuse.
The new one makes it feel like a different car!

monaco 172
bugger of a job, engine out or drop the subframe gearbox side to get enough space to shift it over into wheel arch and access clutch. its tight though

Did mine with the engine in and subframe up, plenty of space if you shift the Ecu and radiator out the way.