ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup. Anyone had damp problems?

I've had a 55 182 Cup for a couple of months. On two occasions now when its been unused for a day (and during that day it has been raining...sometimes quite hard!) when I go to start the car it has such a bad mis-fire it sounds like someone has dropped a packet of 6 inch nails into the engine. It is totally un-drivable in that state.

On both occasions I have left it for 24 hours, turned the key and it has been fine. No warning lights come on.

I'm guessing it is damp somewhere but as its unpredictable its the usual headache trying the find the problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If it's got a mis fire, I'd be heading straight to the coilpack, HTs and plugs.

Check for damp around the plugs / rust in the plug holes.

Have you still got the engine cover on ? Has the car been serviced recently ?!

182 Cup, Camaro Z28
plug mighthave worked a bit loose or due for a change, and as the evilgiraffe check all ht leads and coil pack area, damp in igintion is the cause by the sounds of it

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup
I've had that problem with mine - but sometimes even when she's still hot/has been standing for 30 mins to an hour. Does she also seem sluggish when cold and seem to have issue getting above 50 mph or is that just standard grumpy cold engine?