ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Electrical Light

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Good Afternoon All,

I've still relatively new to this Clio business and I'm aware there will not be one solution to my question but any help would be great.

I don't drive my Clio very often however yesterday I drove the car to work and on the way home it went into "limp" mode and the Electrical warning light came on. The car would only rev to around 3k. I pulled over after about a minute after the light came on and turned it off and on and all working fine. It then drove the remaining 6-7 miles fine.

The fault occurred as I drove through a particularly wet section of road, nothing major but worth mentioning (especially as the car has not seen the wet weather in the last 10 months) therefore I wondered if the issue may be water related and if I should protect any particular areas with WD40 or the like?

Any ideas would be great.

Tom