ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup owners!

BG 182FF
Question regarding 182 cup.
What don't they have that a ff does?

​do they still have cruise and climate control?

o they have different shocks etc as did the 172 cup?

wider track etc?

Clio 182 Cup
having a cup we dont have xenons, the rs interior or steering wheel insert, auto lights/wipers, and factory suspension was different i believe. I think thats is all mate.

RB 182 Cup
having a cup we dont have xenons, the rs interior or steering wheel insert, auto lights/wipers, and factory suspension was different i believe. I think thats is all mate.

Plus; a lower power headunit, cheaper speakers? no Alcantara door cards, I think the finish of the centre console is shiny rather than soft touch, cheaper gear knob, no rear grab handles, non heat reflective windscreen, no engine cover, removal of some sound deadening, no headlamp washers, no climate - only aircon, cup badge on doors, single bench seat with no headrests. Cup suspension pack (option on normal 182) with updated and lowered shocks which are not interchangeable with standard car due to different bolt spacing, stiffer and lower springs. Different front hubs. Also had larger rear spoiler and front splitter (again options on normal 182s).

BUT 182s are about driving and all the above doesn't really bother me, luckily mine had Recaro Trendlines

BG 182FF
thought about as much, do they retain the cruise control?

didnt expect aircon tbh so thats a bonus in itsself, the rest of the stuff is pure necessity anyway i reckon

Suzuki Jimny
I keep thinking that the 182 cups are meant to be stripped back and light weight, the only difference is the pov spec seats!

I keep thinking that the 182 cups are meant to be stripped back and light weight, the only difference is the pov spec seats!
That was the idea with the 172 Cup but that's why I made post #4 ;)

Even the Trophy has cruise control, ABS, air-con etc. but the poverty spec. rear seats (Recaro fronts ;)) and no xenons.

BG 182FF
just another quick one.... kind of jumped the gun and had a wheel made by snappy ( 182 ff wheel ), is this interchangeable with a 182 cup wheel?

hoping so like lol

Well I wasn't aware there was a 182 cup, so something new learned. I only thought that as I've never seen one with the door pillar badges, do they even do 182 ones?

I don't personally see why, there's so many variations of the 182 that anyone without the right knowledge of what to look for could easily buy a bog standard 182 listed as a FF etc...

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye they have badges on the pillars just 'cup' though.
Well, I've seen a couple with and without

182cup & 172 racecar
They were only stuck on by the dealers, like the stripes, so you had a choice if to have them or not.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Forgot to post the Pic :eek:

IMG_0941.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I had the same as above on both my 182 cups.

One reason that tempted me towards the 182 cup on looks was it doesn't have the stupid horns (headlight washers) on the front bumper as they look stupid sticking out IMO. This was before I knew about the seats/xenon/climate control though.

Yeah I had the same as above on both my 182 cups.

One reason that tempted me towards the 182 cup on looks was it doesn't have the stupid horns (headlight washers) on the front bumper as they look stupid sticking out IMO. This was before I knew about the seats/xenon/climate control though.

I've got to agree on the headlight washers, they look hideous IMO.

corsa D / 172 clio
my inferno has got a different roof lining and interior light compared to a ff model and the front door cards are half the weight of ff ones as well.