ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup steering wheel... what's it made of

200,182 Trophy, Cup
IMG_1248.JPG
I'm just thinking about trying the bring my wheel back to life a bit with some treatment but can't figure out what it's made of. Are these wheels actually leather covered. On the face of it there is a stitched seam but is that artificial. There are areas where the "grain" has gone smooth. Is it just a case of these wheels melting like the rest of the models.
Any ideas on cost of recovering if that's the case

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I've been wondering this on my cup. Previous owner had the stitching changed to match the colour of the car (Inferno) and it looks ok for what it is. But I can't help thinking it's like a pleather (polyester leather) as opposed to the FF ones that melt?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
From experience the standard ones are made from cheese... Bin it or get it retrimmed/ replace it with a nice aftermarket one that isn't the size of a bus wheel.