ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup

Hi new here, im off to look at a 182 today and i want to know the easiest way to tell if its got the cup pack fitted, the one im going to look at has the different wheels fitted is this a sign that is got the pack or is there an easier well to tell.

sorry if this has been answered but i tried searching and couldnt find an easy answer.

Yogi

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Surely if its a 182 cup, thats it... it has the cup options.

What colour is this car by the way? It should be either Racing Blue or Inferno..

Da

Less
It could still have the Cup packs though, different wheels will often signify the suspension pack but they may simply have been changed. The cup suspension sits slightly lower, but you'd be hard pressed to tell.

Do you have a picture of the car?

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Lol... damned misleading adverts..

So it's probably a 182 with cup packs. If so, should have the anthracite wheels, front splitter and the deeper 'cup' roof spoiler.

Da

Less
Mine was advertised as a 182 'Cup', only from the pics could I tell it was a 182 FF :)

Golf GTD Mk7
exhaust sticks out slightly more on non cup pack ones (don't ask me why, just something i've noticed ;) there should be a splitter on the front bumper and the spoiler should curve upwards. grey (anthracite) wheels are the only other thing really.

Golf GTD Mk7
yeah cup packed FF mate. looks clean. none standard exhaust on it (can't see which from the pics, looks a bit like a BTB, but could be Janspeed), so make sure you give it a test drive to see if it's to your taste. motorway driving would be a good idea on the test too.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
It's got the spoiler cup pack but it's not possible to tell (from the pics) if it has the suspension cup pack.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Ok.. so it has turini's not 182 cup wheels.. and an after market exhaust... cup spoiler by the looks of it.. and looks like a splitter too..

Difficult to tell if it had both cup packs from new imo..

Golf GTD Mk7
looks like it's sitting a little high, but could just be the angle. plus most people wouldn't have got one pack and not the other really. that's what sales men do

There is an orange one there top, can some one take a look at that for me and see if it has the cup packs fitted? im not too keen on the orange one purely because it would need belts doing and service straight away.

Golf GTD Mk7
yeah the orange one is non cup packed in every sense. compare the ride height to this and you'll be fine ;)

Da

Less
The splitters are easily retro-fitted though, the suspensuion is a little harder.

I'm going to say it hasn't got the Cup suspension pack, but it is difficult to say for definite from those pics.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
It doesnt say that its a Cup anyway, still seems a nice car though. ;)

Its a FF 182 with Cup packs - Spoiler & Splitter-

the only thing that cannot be deduced is the suspension as its running trophy Turinis-

The MAJORITY of FF 182's have cup packs-which include the suspension, although not all of them...

Steve

Been to see the car felt alot tighter round the corners then the orange one. I found out the exhaust is a janspeed and i found it ok when i took it down a duel carriage way.

And im having the car hopefully pick it up mid week

Yogi

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Bit of FF missuse going on in this thread ;)

Car looks good, i don't think i'd be arsed if it has cup packed suspension or not, as long as it doesn't have the 182 wheels in silver.

The ride height looks like it's a non suspension cup but as said before this could be due to the angle of the photo. If the Turinis are 15", would this also affect how it fills the arches.

Megane 250
Hey just a similar question and rather than post a new thread, i saw clio 182 in inferno, it didn't have headlight washers and has cup written on the side by the front door window, so i assumed it was a cup, but then inside it had the FF leather interior not cloth and it had climated control which i thought the cups didn't :S
Excuse my ignorance but what is this crazy hybrid?