ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Dodo Juiced!

172cup
Off work this week so thought I woulkd set about cealing my 182 and giving a good wax to make it shine! I ve just started using Dodo Juice instead Autoglym as I have seen and read good things about this line of products. I would say that the Dodo Juice products are easu to use and the instructions are very simple.

I started off by just hosing the car down as it was full of salt and debris from the road. For the main body of the car I did:

1. Autoglym shampoo
2. Dodo Juice soft grey clay bar and lube
3. Blue Velvet Dodo Juice wax
4. Sealed using Red Mist

For the wheels I used meguiars dirt removing agent (I cant remember its name and I cant be bothered going into the garage to find out!), autoglym tyre dress and wet wheels to finish off.

The first five pictures are of the car just after drying after shampoo and rinse.

Last edited:
  172cup
The next five follow the use of the clay bar and then the application of wax.

Last edited:
  172cup
The next five are of the finished job.

Very happy!!! The Dodo Juice is a very easy wax to use and not as messy as the Autoglym Super Resin that I used to use.

Last edited:
  Porsche Boxster987S
looks good mate well done. i have been using the dodo juice orange crush for a few months now. Its good but not great imo. Only really beads well with a few layers and doesnt last too long. Smells good though:approve:

172cup
Aye I d been told that it doesnt stand the test of time very well. I think the renault id paint helps out too.

Megane R26
Looking very good!

I think you would have still benefited from using some SRP or Lime Prime/Lite to 'cleanse' the paint before waxing and after claying.

Does look great though!

172cup
I was at a Honda car meet with some pals last night and a few guys said I should have used a remover first to remove any old wax is that what SRP or Lime Prime does?

Megane R26
Yes, but the clay would have done that too... it just cleans and prepares the paint for the wax layer

DMS

A thirsty 172
Last time I polished and waxed the car I used 2 layers of Auto Glym SRP and 2 layers of Dodo Juice "Light Fantastic" (the white one). It brought my Iceberg 172 up a treat. Even though the car's now dirty, you can still see the shine and glimmer of the paint work through it. It doesn't look dull like it does when just washed.
I'm very impressed with the stuff. I want to try the purple one next, but I haven't run out of the Light Fantastic one yet.

172cup
Aye, people said that last night that I should have used a polish before wax. I didn't realise you could do that.

182 & Porsche 986
Yeah the wax will seal the polish in a keep it looking shiney :D, never tried dodo juice myself is it worth it?

172cup
Going to this new detailing shop in Durham tomorrow to seek some application advice for next waxing session!

Porsche Boxster987S
your supposed to seal your polish/sealent in (srp,egp) using a wax ie dodo juice. However when one layer of dodo juice has been put on it should be left fro 24 hours before doing again.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Dodo are really better weather waxes mate, just incase you're wondering if it doesn't last long enough.
My reccomendation till better weather is always collinites 476. Done.

Black n gold 182 cup
Was on the old dodo juice today thinking of getting the rainforest rub or the purple haze, gave the car a good clean theother day needs a real good sealant on it now not jsut autoglym!

Megane R26
You'd think so (well hard and soft) but a number of people swear by BA as being the most durable...

DMS

A thirsty 172
Anyone ever tried Rudewax? I found that brought my Diablo red 106 GTi up awesome but I haven't seen it around for years.

BMW F31
i detailed my car at the weekend, used bilt hamber original clay, then followed up with lime prime, then waxed with blue velvet.

brought the shine up really well and the metallic looks beautiful in the sun now. paint feels like glass again too which is always nice :D

172cup
Aye that lime primer is the business, hopefully going to do mine on Sunday, not Sat as off to watch a rally in the Borders it maybe messy!!