ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 exhaust smoke on cam

Clio 182 cup
Hi everyone! I'm new to fast clio ownership and so far it's great! I just have one niggling concern over how my 182 behaves when it's being driven properly. I understand this is a bit repetitive but I just need to know I haven't bought a duff one! The previous owner had the cat removed and it smokes at high revs. I see from previous threads that this appears to be a fairly normal inconvenience and I'm in no doubt that removing the cat won't help but if anyone with good knowledge could settle my nerves I'd be grateful! It doesn't block the view out the rear window in any way but it is noticeable and slightly worrying. I'm reluctant to drive it hard until I know what's at fault, if anything is. It has a full history and had new oil 3k ago. All fluid levels are fine and don't appear to be dropping at anything other than a normal rate. Exhaust smoke isn't something I've experienced before in a NA petrol engine so any advice would come in handy. The cat will be going back on soon by the way - what's the point in not having one?!??

Thanks in advance