ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ff suspension, track/road use options?

Currently ive got ktec coilovers on my 182 cup pack, wheh i first got them it was to lower the car for road use.

Done a few track days now n the coilovers are not up to it and need somehting better for track, as is mentioned in most of these threads there isnt alot of options for the clio 182 ff.

Im deciding wether to go for say H&R, Spax or AST or rather Oe shocks with eibach springs and ARB( or unpinned trophy shocks as Sam@BTM has mentioned)

Car is gonna be used on the road, more frequently on track now though.

Looking for advice, opinions as im hoping to get it sorted soon.

RB 182
All depends on budget and compromise. Do you want a more track orientated setup meaning hard/anoying to drive on the road or a half way house between them both? If you verge to the half way house then you will never be 100% happy on track.

Why not just get a front strut brace and rear anti-roll bar to stiffen the current coilovers and take it from there? At least that way you can remove the strut brace and soften the roll bar for road use (if need be). Our GAZ coilovers were all floaty on track with no real urge to turn in where you want it, did the above mods and it has changed massively! From wanting to buy a new set of coilovers we are now happy with what we have got.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
The trouble is, it's much harder to make a car handle better when it already handles well as standard.

It's entirely possible and perhaps even likely that a lot of these mods are just a placebo.

I think you'd see far more benefit with say standard cup dampers and eibach springs when supported with refreshing bushes, top mounts etc. than you would with some middle of the range coilovers which are essentially a generic damper with some mounts to suit the clio.

You'd even have change for a set of cheap wheels and R888s, which combined with a fully refreshed suspension setup is likely to net you more than the aforementioned potential new coilovers.

So if you can afford it, find some trophy dampers - but I think you're wasting your time finding an old set that are probably only being sold because they are in need of a refurb soon, you need to find a new or refurbed set. Failing that, I'd stick with cup dampers and some eibach springs :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Your not out to set lap times are you.
A new set of oe dampers would be just fine,I would stick with oe springs as well,but thats your choice.

some say he didn't use the search function........

Well aware of the search function...

I would probably just keep it standard, but at the moment i have ktec coilovers, fitting a front strut barce isnt gonna improve it..

Looking to go back to OE Dampers or Sachs, and springs with poly bushes.

Want it more track orientated but still drivable.

ph1 172
I am fitting Sachs dampers at xmas with sportlines, ast top mounts, poly bushes etc.

I currently have a standard cup packed setup so will report back to see what the difference is between them, be it good or bad :eek: