ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Manifold to cat

Clio 182
I got a new cat recently and when trying to fit it with the new manifold to cat bolts I could get it on by myself. Anybody got any suggestions or techniques? The springs seem quite big as they need to be compressed a fair amount once once the bolt is in place.

I had a look at other threads but can't find any methods which people used besides two people but i still can't see that being too easy.

Thanks

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
just do one side at a time, get a couple of turns on the nut and do the other side.

did mine like that sunday, took 20 mins alone

BG Clio 182
I had trouble getting the second side bolt on, lots of pushing and swearing and I finally got it haha. I ended up using a C-clamp and compressing the spring a bit on the very edge. Its kinda tedious but it worked.

Clio 182
Once I set on the spring needs to be compressed about an inch seems almost impossible - will give it another bash this weekend! Maybe I need to force the gasket further into the cat?
Thanks for replies!

BG Clio 182
Once I set on the spring needs to be compressed about an inch seems almost impossible - will give it another bash this weekend! Maybe I need to force the gasket further into the cat?
Thanks for replies!
Sounds like the gasket is not seated into the fitting good enough then. I only had to compress mine a couple mm to get the bolt to start. Stupid question but you did remove the old buckets before putting the new ones in didn't you?

Clio 182
Sounds like the gasket is not seated into the fitting good enough then. I only had to compress mine a couple mm to get the bolt to start. Stupid question but you did remove the old buckets before putting the new ones in didn't you?

Had a brand new cat so just placed the gasket in and joined them up