ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 missfire.. ?

hello... the other week i started my 182 up and after a while of ticking over it sounded like it was missfiring and the management light flashing on the dash. i took it to a locak garage where the owner is very good with these clios. while driving down the light went out.
he plugged his reader in and said it was showing a missfire and he guessed that- it was the leads .
ive just got new renault leads and coilpack put it all on and fired it up and still bloody doing it.. ive plugged another reader in and this one is saying missfire cylinder 3. i didnt get new plugs as these were meant to have been done under 1k ago before i got the car.
i did take them out to check and number 2 was a lot more sooty than the others which were normal looking..
anyone have any advice before i smash it to bits.. ill order some plugs just so i know they are new i guess and have done a search on here and seen that the injectors sometimes play up but if anyone has some ideas then that would be great..
jay

Arctic 182, GTD
I had a similar problem. But I changed the leads, plugs and coil first. I just changed an injector tonight and seems to have solved the problem, got a 150mile drive to tamworth tomorrow so I'll see then :/ haha if it helps when I plugged it in on a snap on solus I had to go through OBD and it showed up destruction misfire no.4.

itb182, 621bhp scoob
unplug 1 injector at a time to see of it drops another cylinder, if it does you know that injector is fine, if theres no change with the unplugged injector uve found your faulty one.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Might seem silly but try wiggling the 2 sensors on the top inlet

Mine are lose on my 172 and when they move about it causes the car to run on 3. Give it a wee wiggle and it runs normal again.

thanks for the advice i have more bits ariving today so hopefully get to the bottom of it
ill put new plugs in for peace of mind then go through the injectors..