ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Need some assistance …

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

Finished up a few jobs on my 182 today. Have some questions that I’m hoping you wonderful inbreds can help with.

• For those that have removed their rear seats/bench. What solutions have you come up with for bunging the holes left in the floor for the seat belts ? Any links to bungs etc ?

• Whilst sorting my gear linkage today. A small heat shield fell to bits.. (the one you remove to get to the rear part of the linkage… any ideas what this is called? And whether it is still available to buy?

• I am rubbing a little since lowering as expected. I’m probably going to remove the 18mm front spacer tbh. What spacers are you guys running and at what ride height ?

• Also, I am wanting to change the wheel bolts to some of those polarised jobs.. what size bolt is stock on these if I was to remove the spacers ..

Thanks,

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Your only hope for the heat shield is to get some sheet heat shield and trim/shape it to size. That one’s not too bad a shape to replicate

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve now got an abs light since the works over the weekend as well.

Hoping to get the air bag ones coded out soon. And the stability/ serv light is from the steering angle sensor I believe. But the abs one I’m not so sure ….

Any ideas ?

IMG_7045.jpeg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Does it go out when you turn the ignition off and back on?
I’ll check after I’ve finished this call. I did notice the ride height sensor was busted when it was up in the air also….

Thanks for the response mate

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Been doing some reading. I am wondering if the abs sensor light is now on due to the steering wheel replacement (Cruise control) etc.....

I read that sometimes it takes a few days to come up?

Can this be coded out with clip at all?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It could be the wheel, although the light normally goes off and comes back as soon as you turn the wheel.

Usually on constant if an abs has gone.

Need scanning really.

Did you fit a steering boss that had the tabs on the back which locate in the steering angle sensor?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
It could be the wheel, although the light normally goes off and comes back as soon as you turn the wheel.

Usually on constant if an abs has gone.

Need scanning really.

Did you fit a steering boss that had the tabs on the back which locate in the steering angle sensor?

Erm, it’s the ktec momo one if that helps?

It’s splined obviously and slotted which locates in to the slot on the angle sensor..

I know my service and stability light is on because I didn’t line up the steering angle sensor properly when I fitted it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Erm, it’s the ktec momo one if that helps?

It’s splined obviously and slotted.

I know my service and stability light is on because I didn’t line up the steering angle sensor properly when I fitted it.

Yeah the Momo one is the right one.

Ahh so you know about the angle sensor fault.

Sounds like an abs sensor has gone then, maybe disturbed when fitting coilovers?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the Momo one is the right one.

Ahh so you know about the angle sensor fault.

Sounds like an abs sensor has gone then, maybe disturbed when fitting coilovers?
Probably. I’ll see if I can get it plugged in 🤦🏽‍♂️

Thanks mate