ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 problems ,traction control light and serv light always coming on in my clio 182.

ly 200, 172 cup
hi there, am hoping someone can help me. everytime i drive my car the traction control and serv light comes on and stays on. if i switch car off then start it again it will go off but it will come on a couple of miles down the road. the abs light also comes on sometimes with they two warning lights aswel. thank you , stuart ;)

Various
Re: 182 problems ,traction control light and serv light always coming on in my clio 1

Sounds like a steering angle sensor fault. Have you ever had the steering wheel off?

It also could be a brake pedal switch. If you know anyone with a 182 swap the brake pedal sensor see if that fixes it.

ly 200, 172 cup
Re: 182 problems ,traction control light and serv light always coming on in my clio 1

Sounds like a steering angle sensor fault. Have you ever had the steering wheel off?

It also could be a brake pedal switch. If you know anyone with a 182 swap the brake pedal sensor see if that fixes it.

thanks, i will try that ;)

182 has now gone!

Same happened with mine. it went back to Renault 6 times.. Thye told me it was my driving???

Then they eventually said it was a faulty sensor and changed it.. been fine since!

Clio 182 arctic

brake pedal sensor?
mine did exactly the same, adjusted this sensor and its been fine since

ly 200, 172 cup

how easy is it to change the brake pedal sensor.

182FF Arctic

Apparently there is a guide on here on how to do it; but i haven't found it yet! I'm either blind or searching for the wrong thing!

Da

Less

Changing the sensor is a 5 minute job, adjusting it takes a little more time however.

There is a guide on here, if I remember correctly Andi_B posted it.

white leon cupra R

find the thread and post it im sick of this poping up

Clio 182 arctic

Changing the sensor is a 5 minute job, adjusting it takes a little more time however.

There is a guide on here, if I remember correctly Andi_B posted it.

more than 5 minutes, what are you doing under ther, its literally a 20second job.

brake pedal pressed in
twist sensor to remove
pull the end out fully, should hear some clicking
brake pedal pressed in again
return the sensor

Da

Less

I wasn't speaking literally :rolleyes: and from my experience the sensor takes a few minutes to adjust correctly, it's fiddly at best.

white leon cupra R

ill have a look in the morning

Clio 182 arctic

I wasn't speaking literally :rolleyes: and from my experience the sensor takes a few minutes to adjust correctly, it's fiddly at best.
:eek:

white leon cupra R

hummm i have a play with mine first if the rain stops

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I know this is a massive bump on the thread.
I'm having this issue with traction control and service light being displayed whilst driving.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I'm also getting the traction control flickering on under acceleration in a straight line. Wheels aren't spinning up or anything to cause it.
This only happens when the traction light and service light not displayed.

Possible sensor issue?
Need to get it sorted before ring trip end of June

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I've also got something similar. Start by checking the condition of all your ABS rings. I'll plug mine in over the next couple of days to see what the fault is. It's not all the time though, just has occasional moments then goes off for thousands of miles.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Mines every time I drive it.
I had new driveshafts on the front. Not sure if abs sensors are faulty though

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'd imagine so. I'm gonna try and get it plugged in.

I've read about brake pedal switch, and abs sensors
So hopefully it's nothing too costly

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I did change the wheel to a sabelt one. I am pretty sure I kept the red circle in view like I've read on guides?
How can this be rectified if it is out of position?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I thought it was yellow spot ha. I'm not sure if it's really true that it needs to be recalibrated on CLIP if it's a turn out you should just be able to turn it back although I find it highly unlikely you'd have moved it when changing the wheel. The boss has the little wings on it to turn the angle sensor yeah?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I believe it does. I'll take the wheel off when I'm back home (weekend away) and have a look around.