ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Purchase

Have you noticed the location mate?

I'm sure I read you was in edinborough?
That would be 450ish miles for You? I'd be wanting some serious info and close up pics etc to do a journey like that and would need to be exacltly what you want haha

Yeah, it's a decent trip!

I'll be ensuring that it is on point before I commit to travelling for sure, but it looks in great nick on the info so far (further details requested) & the MOT history looks sound as well, so it's a decent starting point I think.

First one for me too . Same as others have said . The engine rebuild would put me off . You couldn't have a picked a car much further away from Edinburgh to Cornwall :eek:penmouth:
What about this one ? You could probably knock £150 off and get it for £1000 then have some cash to spare for any jobs that might need doing.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/renault/2005-renault-clio-182-sport-/1251464638

Yup, the distance is pretty spectacular!

Had a look at that one & agree it has potential given the price, in fact it's probably a pretty good option based on the info available (which isn't much) as it gives me scope/budget to tidy it up (MOT suggests 1 of the shocks is on its way out).

Not sure it's a full fat though?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yup, the distance is pretty spectacular!

Had a look at that one & agree it has potential given the price, in fact it's probably a pretty good option based on the info available (which isn't much) as it gives me scope/budget to tidy it up (MOT suggests 1 of the shocks is on its way out).

Not sure it's a full fat though?
Some people don't like the term Full Fat :tonguewink: You've basically got 3 models .
You've got the " Cup version " , poverty spec with cloth seats , no air con or climate control . I'm not entirely sure about the air con so don't hold me to that.
Then you've got a 182 with full leather , air con/ climate control .
Then you've got a 182 that might have 1 or both cup packs . Which were slightly lower and stiffer suspension and anthracite wheels instead of silver. Then you had the 2ns cup pack with the front splitter , most of which will have died by now as they tended to be quite brittle and they also came with the slightler larger cup rear spoiler.

Some people don't like the term Full Fat :tonguewink: You've basically got 3 models .
You've got the " Cup version " , poverty spec with cloth seats , no air con or climate control . I'm not entirely sure about the air con so don't hold me to that.
Then you've got a 182 with full leather , air con/ climate control .
Then you've got a 182 that might have 1 or both cup packs . Which were slightly lower and stiffer suspension and anthracite wheels instead of silver. Then you also had the cup front splitter , most of which will have died by now as they tended to be quite brittle and they also came with the slightler larger cup rear spoiler.

Thanks for the run down, nice to have it clarified.

The one you linked that's in Luton looks to have the non-poverty spec interior, although I can't see the console to ascertain whether it's got 'air con' or climate control but does not appear to have the cup spoiler & has silver wheels so I presume this means neither cup pack is present?

I do prefer the look of the cup spoiler & the anthracite wheels together with the slightly lower suspension.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks for the run down, nice to have it clarified.

The one you linked that's in Luton looks to have the non-poverty spec interior, although I can't see the console to ascertain whether it's got 'air con' or climate control but does not appear to have the cup spoiler & has silver wheels so I presume this means neither cup pack is present?

I do prefer the look of the cup spoiler & the anthracite wheels together with the slightly lower suspension.
Tbh , I still think the very first one you posted on ebay looks very tidy . He's just asking about £400 too much and also the one you posted in Cornwall .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Let's hope prices stay this good when I sell mine lol
I haven't looked at prices for God knows how long . I'm a little shocked how much they seem to have gone up . 12 months ago you could have got a half decent one for £1.5 - 2k . Who needs a V6 or a Trophy for appreciating prices lol :tongueout:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The one you have just linked at 2500 is 18 months older than mine and done 9000 more miles. Plus I can write a decent advert.

£5k takes it

The one you have just linked at 2500 is 18 months older than mine and done 9000 more miles. Plus I can write a decent advert.

£5k takes it

As much as I would like to take it off you, as I have no doubts it's in glorious condition, £5k is not feasible unfortunately.

What about this one in Carlisle ? The worst advert in the world . He says bugger all about the car .
https://www.gumtree.com/p/renault/clio-182-offers-75-400-miles/1248573207

Ha! It is pretty appalling. I'm in discussions with him, but it's RB so I'll need to make a decision on that having potentially ruled it out as an option.

His answers so far are promising (belts done recently, complete service history), further questions pending.

Having had a look at the MOT history, there have a been a fair few things noted over the last 3yrs or so, although they haven't failed the MOT nor showed up again so I assume they have been rectified.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
RB is a pretty sought after colour tbh . They seem to come up for sale less often than say Silver for instance. Once cleaned , polished etc ....... they look stunning

RB is a pretty sought after colour tbh . They seem to come up for sale less often than say Silver for instance. Once cleaned , polished etc ....... they look stunning

They do seem to be & often command a premium.

I guess it's a case of weighing up whether I buy one at the top end of my budget & hope it stays healthy for the time being, or whether I opt for a cheaper one (likely denoted by colour, silver or black) & leave room for some work to be done to rectify any niggles, look at tidying up the suspension, new boots etc.

I must say, it's somewhat perturbing that the prices have gone up/are going up as soon as I start looking (been putting it off to see whether I can keep my current car running, which is finally giving up the ghost it would seem)!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They do seem to be & often command a premium.

I guess it's a case of weighing up whether I buy one at the top end of my budget & hope it stays healthy for the time being, or whether I opt for a cheaper one (likely denoted by colour, silver or black) & leave room for some work to be done to rectify any niggles, look at tidying up the suspension, new boots etc.

I must say, it's somewhat perturbing that the prices have gone up/are going up as soon as I start looking (been putting it off to see whether I can keep my current car running, which is finally giving up the ghost it would seem)!
You're doing the right thing , perservering and not just buying the first one that catches your eye . I've seen a few horror stories on here over the years of somebody buying one and 2 days later , bang , the engines let go . This is why I'm always sceptical about cars that's had a high number of owners . If you buy one that's had 7 owners the chances are 1 or 2 of those owners won't have cared for or maintained it as it should have been. That's my way of thinking anyway.
In theory , if you pay a little bit more for a well cared for example you should have less problems / bigger bills in the future . No doubt whatever you buy it'll need a bit of something doing. They are circa 13 years old now .

Yeah, I've looked at that & it does look like a good example, but I'm not sure how fond I am of RB & it's modified a reasonable amount, which I'm trying to avoid (as much as one can).

Pretty much all tasteful mods though and not which would benefit the car

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_2900.JPG
Agreed, still unsure though...

Would be nice if an RB bumbled past me so I could have a look at one in person.

Beep beep

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I've looked at that & it does look like a good example, but I'm not sure how fond I am of RB & it's modified a reasonable amount, which I'm trying to avoid (as much as one can).

Looks to be lowered on cooksports or maybe apex springs. Ktec exhaust, I have one. The induction kit is quite common too. Looks okay though.