ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 stinks of fuel when stationary or when pressing on

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Bit of a strange one this, 182 is absolutely stinking of fuel everytime I'm stationary or whenever I give it some stick, it smells inside the car and people following me around 500 yds away can smell it to, smells like its overfueling really badly and somehow finding its way into the cabin.

The car has a full de-cat back miltek system on, I initially thought it was down to the de-cat, however I've had many clio sports now all fitted with de-cats and never had this experience before.

Is it possible a seal has gone on the injector rail or somewhere in the fuel system? I did have a problem where the car was mis-firing when having sharp changes in direction (fuel sloshing from one side of the tank to the other) but hasnt been a problem of late.

I also thought it may be a small crack in the manifold but I'm not sure how common that is.

Hope someone can help as its starting to give me a headache when I drive it

Twingo GT
i use vpower... and it stinks when i put foot down but with normal it doesnt. the decat im sure would make it smell more but not sure on what else it would be.

Clio 182 FF
I get this stinks of burnt fuel when in the higher rev range 5k+ running rstuner and V-Power fuel though. Sounds bit weird your problem though depends what it smells of. If its burnt fuel then its going to be an exhaust problem I would of thought. If its unburnt then fuel/injector issue.