ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 suspension v's 182 Cup Suspension

BG FF182
I am sure this must have been mentioned on here somewhere before but I couldn't find it.

I know there is a difference between the standard 182 suspension compared to the 182 Cup or Cup pack suspension. I also believe there is more to it than just a different set of springs, so what would you need to change a normal 182 to cup suspension or is there an alternative through buying after market shocks such as coil overs and what would be the cost comparison be?

Thanks in advance.

Da

Less
The immediate difference is the hub bolt spacings. To fit Cup shockers you would need to fit Cup hubs too.

C

Cupster

As above Cup hubs, springs and shocks needed. On the rear you just need the uprated spings iirc

320d
Shocks are slightly firmer

'Cup' or 'Cupped' springs are 3mm lower than non cup

As said above bolts spacing is different

Not worth retro fitting really as coilovers are cheaper than buying the stuff new