ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 test drive!!!

Mini
I'd definitely shop around.
My first quote on a 1.4 Mini was £5,000! Obviously I didn't pay that!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Disastra Coupe
im not going for the 182 for the speed of the car i had a 1.2 clio as my first car and iv always liked the look of the 182 and the inside looks smart. you could not pay me to get a VTS!

Don't underestimate how much fun a VTS can be. Would be cheaper insurance also.

I'm being serious too, they're a VERY fun car.

R26/200 Raider
Me 37, Mrs 40 both of us have full no claims and are insured to drive 08 197 cup for £289 a yr. One of the very few benefits of getting older.I'd rather be 19 and single again and paying top wak for insurance though given the choice.:D

Clio 182
im 19, paying 4.5K to insure my 2007 clio TCE

f**king robbery, Oh and ive had my licence over 2 years, no claims.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

4.5k?????? Whats the point- buy a shitbox & save the 13k over 3 years & buy a decent car-

S

Stripped yozza'd cup

Who the hell are you insured with? Im insured in my cup for a fifth of that money!!! I'm 21 a have 2yrs ncb

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I have brought my Clio today :) cnt explain how happy I am!! RB cliosport 182! 45k on the clock completely standard and it's all mine!!!!!!!!

Westy. MX5
Ah, thats nice, you got what you wanted so go and enjoy it. Shame about the insurance costs though, I do fell sorry for young drivers and what they have to pay.

clio 182
i was 19 when i picked up my 182, 2year ncb and paid 1600 for my insurance.
Shop around! that was only 5months ago.

get some picks up :)

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
I was paying £1100 @ 19 with 2 yrs NCB on a 172 Cup.
Although insurance has changed over the last 3 years...

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'm not paying 4.5k mine is £1768 which is alot but I think it will be well worth it to have a RB cliosport at 19!!!!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Not really seeming as my 1.2 the first year I drove coast me £1800 ;)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Haha I looked at a v6 £14000 I didn't try any one else after that haha

Silver 182
No, it won't. At all. Paying that much on a Clio is silly.

Clio that can outrun basic model of an Audi TT is worth it :) Considering insurance for that same audi tt would be 5-6k if clio is 1.7k.

All depends how much money you have and willing to pay. If that kid is so sure to pay the money.. he must have the money :)

Besides... clio v6 is still a renault clio :) mad sexy looking one but still a clio! But wasnt it clarkson that said a new example of a v6 at the time could out-accellerate a porsche 4S ? !

So once again.. why not

p.s and on a final note... how much did you pay for your brand new 200 CLIO ? :p

Last edited:

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I work hard and il add it's all my money and I brought the car my self :)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Cnt wait till Saturday now!!!! :)Oh and the insurance is unlimited mods ;) as long as the car does not excied 182 bhp at the fly wheel ;)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I get the car Saturday will add pics in abit on my phone ATM so when I go on comp I will! Will have pics of the print outs on Saturday!! :)

I'm not paying 4.5k mine is £1768 which is alot but I think it will be well worth it to have a RB cliosport at 19!!!!

All very well until it ends up in a ditch. Is that TPFT?

You are crackers btw. All that money for a clio. Its sad because give it a couple of years and you'll regret it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
What a lot of the oldies dont realise, is that a lot of 17-20 yo's are still paying around £1K+ to insure basic 1.3 fiesta's and 1.2 corsa's, when you are presented with the opportunity to get a hot hatch for just a few hundred quid more it doesn't seem that bad.

£4.5k is silly money, but anything sub £2k for someone up to 20 I think is at least acceptable, but in reality its normal nowadays, whatever the car.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
All very well until it ends up in a ditch. Is that TPFT?

You are crackers btw. All that money for a clio. Its sad because give it a couple of years and you'll regret it.

Ok so I'm 19 y would it end up in a ditch? This is y we have to pay alot to get insurance because people tar young people with the same brush.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
2380879-3[1].jpg
2380879-5[1].jpg

2380879-1[1].jpg
2380879-2[1].jpg

;)

Last edited: