ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

182 vs Colt CZT

182 vs Colt CZT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  COLTCZT,Clio 440T project
my mate has been and bought a 182 so he has challenged me to a drag (on a private runway) so i was wondering who do you think will win, me 1.5turbo CZT 184bhp or Clio 182 (not RR'd)
quarter mile straight line drag

Your vote please!

***I vote me
icon_biggrin.gif

If admin could sort out a proper poll for me that would be cool :)

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
I voted clio because I thought it was a "Which would you rather have ?" thread. The colt will win due to weight I reckon.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
tough one as clios rip power to weight but turbo power is the nuts when it kicks in

chip them both and have a race turbos respond so will to maps and chips compared to NA

Depends if the colt is standard I guess. Although I had one side by side from 30mph upto the limiter in 5th, nothing in it at all, complete dead level in every gear, not sure if it was standard or modded (had to be around 215bhp/tonne or more for the result that came out of it)....and my car is considerably quicker than a normal 1*2.

Id say colt.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
So is your colt modded cos they only have 148bhp standard. And found a test where the 182 leaves it for dead so any extra bhp will just bring you closer but don't expect to win.

colt is almost std, drilled airbox, known as a 666 mod with ITG panel filter..... thats only mods. 147 std up to 184 :)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
So yours is standard. Lol you'll get wasted mate the colt is more a race for a fiesta st not rs clios. I'm close to ya I'll come and whip your ass if ya like, mines 175 bhp ; p.

Titanium 182
means what?

Sorry, it means 'ROFL' in a more weird term. ROFL goes into ROLF sometimes, which means ROLF HARRIS is next in line.

Basically, I was laughing at your comment because I was thinking the same thing... I should have stuck with the more commonly known 'LOL'.

Haha :)

R26
Sorry, it means 'ROFL' in a more weird term. ROFL goes into ROLF sometimes, which means ROLF HARRIS is next in line.

Basically, I was laughing at your comment because I was thinking the same thing... I should have stuck with the more commonly known 'LOL'.

Haha :)

Thanks for explaining that :)

honest, the panel filter made that much difference. i had a piperx on before itg and it got 130 something....... i have RR printout to prove

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Mate alot of RR's are set up to make the customers happy, not saying that is the case with yours, but a bit of a hike bhp from just drilling an airbox

Homo spec mazda
Depends if the colt is standard I guess. Although I had one side by side from 30mph upto the limiter in 5th, nothing in it at all, complete dead level in every gear, not sure if it was standard or modded (had to be around 215bhp/tonne or more for the result that came out of it)....and my car is considerably quicker than a normal 1*2.

Id say colt.

That colt was like 220 bhp wasn't it

Not sure....I think it was the same one, but still havent seen it again so not sure. It would make sense as they weigh around a tonne, and my bhp/tonne is around that, so it would be close.

Either way I know you can get silly power from them with not much money spent.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
This thread is the perfect illustration of when a group of people who know f**k all about a car get together and hammer it because someone tells them something that sounds a bit odd.

As standard, the colt is 147 supposedly, many are actually 160+ as standard. The standard colt is extremely restricted, drilling the airbox has given people as much as 20bhp (yes tested on the same rolling road etc), i could easily see one being 180+ with the mods mentioned. Quoted 0-60 times for the colt are all over the show, most quote 8.2ish, in reality, they've done 7.5ish as standard, Its a car that the majority of normal people out there know very little about.

Theres people over in the colt club running 220+bhp and the people saying they suffer from terrible turbo lag, also b****cks. Its a 1.5 engine, the turbo is tiny, it takes nothing to spool up.

Seriously underated cars, the only bad thing about them is the handling is absolutely dire and the red stitching on the interior looks gash.

WOW....... i wasnt expecting any thing like that to be said on here! so thanks and you are so right about the handling, it is dire. ido however like the stitching:p lol

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
WOW....... i wasnt expecting any thing like that to be said on here! so thanks and you are so right about the handling, it is dire. ido however like the stitching:p lol

I nearly bought one myself mate, i spent 2 months reading up on them, asking questions, watching videos, test driving, even met up with someone from the colt club with a 200bhp one to take me for a drive in his so i know what i'm talking about. :p

I just didn't like the handling though. Lower it and get front and rear upper strut braces and they make a huge difference to the handling though, reduces alot of the body roll. You can get lower front and rear strut braces if your feeling adventurous but they don't make much difference, the uppers make a noticeable difference.

Word of warning for you though mate, be wary of going over the 200bhp mark, it sends alot of them into limp mode for some reason. (some have got round it the 220bhp+ ones obviously, but it involves tinkering with the software, can't remember the name of the place that does it in this country)

Also recommend once you get used to it you remove the fuse for the TC because the system is awful, it cuts in way too soon all the time and removing the fuse is the only way to turn it off, will make a light come on on the dash though, just ignore it. If your skilled with electronics you can hook up a button to turn it on and off with, it has been done by someone over in greece.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Colt, do not want.

It might be quick but really it looks terrible and drives like a car twice it's size.