ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 won't start

BG 182 FF
Car has been off the road for two months, so today I decided to give it some love. The battery was flat so I replaced it with a brand new one from halfords. Also replaced the battery in the key fob.

I can't get the car to start.

When I put the key in and immediately try to start it, it turns over approx three to four times then stops.

If turn the key twice and leave it until the Serv light goes off and then try to start it nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

BG 182 FF
Wow strange. Had a brew, come back tried again and it's running and starting sweet as a nut.

106 1.5 diesel
That's the same thing that happened to me... I think the immobiliser "forgets" the key occasionally. Leave the key in the ignition for a while next time and the red light should start flashing, if it doesn't, and it's solid, then leave it in a bit longer.

BG 182 FF
Yeah that makes sense, the light was a solid red when It wouldn't start. It's all ok now though. Thanks pal

renault clio 197
Sounds like a bad connection to an earth or wire breaking will eventually give up happened to me was working on and off for 2 months then finally gave away somewhere in November still haven't found the problem fixed 2 broken wires for the injectors but still nothing best to get it checked before it goes tits up mate!