ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I recently sold a 2004 black clio in pursuit of something with a bigger engine which i could keep for a good few years, after looking through cars i can get for around £10k i found the following were the champions; 2002 Golf GTI, 2003 Hyundai coupe SE, 2002 Ford focus ST170, and then i saw the Clio 182 brand new, now i fear that i would have sold a black clio for a black clio!, has anyone got any pictures of their own black gold 182? thinkin of maybe blue jus to make it a bit different to the last, i wanted to get it with the recaro seats and cup kits, the front lip spoiler although small gives a bit more size to the car imo. thanks in advance

thanks a lot guys, dont no if its helpin or makin it harder tho!, all the 182s above look awsome!, i was wondering why its called black gold, it has gold flakes in it? do you have a shot of the paint swatch? i think i like the metallic blue dont think id get the racing blue bit too blunt for my taste although it is the original colour of the old renault racing cars! keep em comin if u got ne more! thanks

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

yes it has gold flakes in it and when it sunny (very rarely) the gold shows. it looks good. some has a piture of the gold showing.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by saul_uk on 02 June 2005

thanks a lot guys, dont no if its helpin or makin it harder tho!, all the 182s above look awsome!, i was wondering why its called black gold, it has gold flakes in it? do you have a shot of the paint swatch? i think i like the metallic blue dont think id get the racing blue bit too blunt for my taste although it is the original colour of the old renault racing cars! keep em comin if u got ne more! thanks

Racing blue is gorgeous!! Have you seen liquid yellow and inferno yet? They are stunning.

Black is amazing when its clean, but it gets dirty so quickly :cry:

I had black/gold - looked awesome, but it was a real bugger to keep clean! If I could do it again I would choose Racing Blue (its cheaper too!)

the racing blue in the first 2 pictures is a bit darker n i like it but i dont want to go into the baby blue sort of colour, i dont no if ill like it!, i kno ill like black cos i had a black one, n i know how hard they are to clean!! :mad:

my choice was black, silver or arctic blue...

These were the thoughts of the broker (which I agree with):

Black is nice - but the most popular (ie gonna be common when u come to sell) and hard to keep clean (had a R5 GT Turbo in this...looked good when shiny but required washing 1x a week min)

Silver - was avialable on the 172 whereas...

Arctic Blue was not (although similar to the original cup colour).

Although racing blue is nice, it looks a bit flat and lets face it, metallic paint just looks better!

If its any guide, most young people (under 50) comment on how nice the colour is (esp the girls) whereas the over 50s turn their nose up at the colour....but its a young persons car anyway (I consider myself young at 37...who am I kidding :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by Brooktop on 02 June 2005

my choice was black, silver or arctic blue...

These were the thoughts of the broker (which I agree with):

Black is nice - but the most popular (ie gonna be common when u come to sell) and hard to keep clean (had a R5 GT Turbo in this...looked good when shiny but required washing 1x a week min)

Silver - was avialable on the 172 whereas...

Arctic Blue was not (although similar to the original cup colour).

Although racing blue is nice, it looks a bit flat and lets face it, metallic paint just looks better!

If its any guide, most young people (under 50) comment on how nice the colour is (esp the girls) whereas the over 50s turn their nose up at the colour....but its a young persons car anyway (I consider myself young at 37...who am I kidding :oops:
flat? Dont agree at all. Racing Blue is ace especially when you put a good layer of quality wax on ;)

...point taken....that does look smart!! My previous car was an MGF...so looks like the two best cars are parked together, in my book.

Come to think of it, you cant go far wrong with any of the colours. Saw the id yellow at the w/e with cup packs. I thought it looked mint....(but its expensive).

hmm i like arctic! i jus think the contour in colours is nice when the sun hits it, as with all metallic paints, b nice to see a black one in that picture too! get a real contrast, thanks for the all the pics above!! :D

what i was thinkin of doing if i eventually got one is getting some colour coded M3 mirrors and colour coding the cup front lip, give it a beefier look, stand out from other clios?, anyone done this to a 182 before or am i bein crazy?

[Edited by saul_uk on 02 June 2005 at 3:53pm]

yours does look a bit better from what i can see but if the black one was all waxed up i think it would look proper tidy! i think the black one looks a bit bigger bcos the lip on the spoiler is black aswell, they should colour code it imo

the other cool thing about the arctic blue is that, if i am correct, parts of the interior are the same colour as the outside?

Silver 172 Mk2

Without a doubt it has to be the Petrol Blue. I have only seen one on the road so far and nobody has a picture of one that i know of.

It looks suberb, different colours in different lights. Fantastic. It will be the one i go for when it comes to it.

mines black gold (texas tea), but given the choice again, id take the yellow in a heart beat - especially having seen one in sunshine WOW

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7

Quote: Originally posted by saul_uk on 02 June 2005

doesnt seem like many people have gone for the recaro seats? are they not worth it?
Im picking my Racing Blue Cup up this afternoon :D, ive gone for the Recaros as I thought itd make the basic interior a bit more exciting! Ill report back on them later on, if I can drag myself out of the car that is!! :cool: