ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

195 orrrrr 205??

clio 172 mk2
hey guys i havent been online in a bit so wasnt able to check the site alot been helluva busy with music work and skool but it has come around to changing my tyres on my 172 currently im running dunlop sp sport fm 901's, of which the tyre size is 205/45/16 however im catching my royal assparagus and i do mean catching to find some replacement tyres,

originally the tyre that came with my rs was the continental contisport tyre which was, 195/45/16, (just a note got the 16 inch alloys) now my main problem is to acquire tyres of 45 profile within trinidad which is a pain in de ass. As we mainly sell 50 profile tyres

Now this is my question should i acquire a dunlop 205/50/16 tyre the dunlop sp sport max or should i stick to the continental contisport 195/45/16 tyre i want michellin pilot sports and exaltos but its MUY expensive down here sadly, should i stick to factory settings for best cornering performance or should i step up the tyre width and the profile would it affect me please any advice would be great
thanks alot guys
bless ups

mazda 2 sport white
Thay will make your speedo out and you may need step ladders to get in the car , only 5mm dif but 10mm top and bottom .dunlop a bit hard conti good
mich the dogs . 2054516 the best .

clio 172 mk2
kool thanks guys any recomendations on the type of tyre i should use with that width that would be great for handling and cornering i was thinking the pilot exaltos any advice on the such? thanks guy's
bless up

PH1 Oddy, M140i
When I first changed my CONTI SPORTS to Michelin Pilots Inoticed very little difference aprt from in the wet the CONTIs were way better!! I then bought 4 new Yoko Prada spec 2 205/45/16 and the difference was just outta this world...need to get plenty of heat in them in the wet but then they are great..better than the conti's.

clio 172 mk2
sweet yea i have been reading up a lot of reviews from different sites on which tyres are good great and excellent, however i know that not one tyre is good for all cars it depends on the vehicle but i want to get back some contis if i can in the original 195 and see how they took to the car, has neone ever tried the sportcontact 2,3 and extreme from continental whats ur view on em or your particular brand of tyre...
bless ups