ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 calliper bolt size?

SG boost'd 200
So today I finally got myself motivated to change the pads on the car....

So all up in the air wheels off....right, lets get the calliper off. It's promptly ended there as my sized 10 hex is no where near the right size to get mr Brembo off!

So what size is it people as ill get one ready for next weekend!

cheers

SG boost'd 200
Because that's what I've always done on my cars, was going to give the calliper a good clean up and have a good look at the discs. Could i have got away without removing the calliper then?

Lionel Richie
Because that's what I've always done on my cars, was going to give the calliper a good clean up and have a good look at the discs. Could i have got away without removing the calliper then?

yeah you're wasting your time, just knock the pins out and your done (just grind the paint off the new pads, especially the inners as they always bind)

SG boost'd 200
Cheers guys! Thought I had to get the calliper off to do the pads to be honest. I'll give it a go, I must have a 12mm knocking about then as I've done several oil/filter changes.

Lionel Richie
well if you take the calipers off you won't be able to knock the pins out so you'll have to bolt them back on again ;)