ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 mpg

White clique
the petrol tanks are bigger in the 197 (55l) compared to the 172 and 182, so it will last about as long as your regular driving in any 172 and 182 (it will just cost about £4 more to fill up thats all!)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
My auris 2.2td is worse than my 172, 34 mpg average, currently 29mpg. 35mpg at an 80mph cruise. Basically it sucks hole.

Back to petrol for me as well.

Monaco RS Clio 172
why does the 197 use so much more fuel than the 172 then..?

guessing the extra power but surely if you aren't using that power being basically the same engine (I could be wrong here, only going by things I've seen on here) surely it should be near on identical at average/slow speeds?

I can push my 172 past 40 mpg @ 70-80 mph in 5th.. so surely, having a 6th gear, the 197 should be the same if not better?

I know it's heavier.. maybe that is why.. no idea

lol if your getting 20-25 mpg your driving with your handbrake on surely? Thats very very thirsty for a 2l in a small car. My bros 3 fiddy zee gets 20-24 around town and 26-28 on motorway.

Barge
I roffl3 at these people who say you're driving with a heavy foot/handbreak on etc, it's a heavier car for starters, which is why it slurps more in comparison to a 172/182. But to be honest, maybe its petrol gauge and mpg counter are just a little more accurate that in its predecessors? Short journeys and sitting in traffic are its downfall imo, but it's still a cracking car.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I roffl3 at these people who say you're driving with a heavy foot/handbreak on etc, it's a heavier car for starters, which is why it slurps more in comparison to a 172/182. But to be honest, maybe its petrol gauge and mpg counter are just a little more accurate that in its predecessors? Short journeys and sitting in traffic are its downfall imo, but it's still a cracking car.

Take on track & reset the trips etc.

9mpg is achievable :eek:

E87 118d M Sport
did_you_ever_know_that_youre_my_hero_mug-p168260491852763712qn0g_400.jpg

sounds fun too =D

RB 197 fatty
Take on track & reset the trips etc.

9mpg is achievable :eek:

i did this, and got down to 13mpg! haha.

before i set off i had about 25mpg on the counter and it said 299miles till empty, after 28.8 miles around Snett, it reconded i had 159 miles till empty!!!

i don't care what i get anymore i just can't wait to get my 197

thats the spirit...and trust me, that feeling doesnt go away... i still feel it everytime i get in it and hear the mesmerizing notes!!!:D:D:D