ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Remap!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Take it with a pinch of salt tbh......... Superchips quote 10 bhp on the 182......... and we know thats bollox ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
To be fair k-tec arent the usual bullshitters, if this is true then thats impressive.

Turbo LY R27
Oh yeah i agree mate, those figures wont be spot on, but it must be pretty good to get the 20lbs, thats the bit that made a mess in my pants!:eek:

Last edited:
  Turbo LY R27
I only trust k-tec, i would never take it anywhere else. K-tec have always sorted me out proper and never messed me about and actually seem like they give a dam, there the only aftermarket/tuning company that will ever recieve any of my wages!:approve:

Exige S1 + Honda S1
so that makes it 102lbft torque now...;)

what is the standard torque firgure on the 197?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Yes this is our map, we did some further development on k-tecs car so the final product is now finished. On average we see 20lbft very low down and 9hp peak. The one i did yesterday on the dyno made 10/12 lbft all the way over the rev range + an extra 9hp. I have graphs from our dyno and another dyno dynamics.

Some of the lads on meganesport are looking at a group buy on the map if you are interested.

I'll dig the graphs out tomorrow if i have chance.

Paul

Turbo LY R27
^^^I dont understand? Uve advertised as it saying on average 20lbs, but the one you did yesterday made 10/12lbs? Coz that aint average, why has it dropped half? Coz that looks a bit rubbish? Or have i missed something? Is it 20lbs low down and then just 10/12lbs for the rest of the rev range? What would it be like with an ITG panel filter remapped?

Cheers
Mike

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
nearly £300 for and extra 9bhp, too much for too little if it even works.

Turbo LY R27
^^ Yeah but its the tourqe that will make the big difference, it still pushes it up to about 200bhp( in theory), and goin on paper figures 180lbs. To me that def seems worth it if the chip does what it says on the tin, just need to find out more. The car is a power machine anyway, so would love to drive it with the potential new powergains.:)

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
didnt some one on here awhile back remap a 197 and it came out with less horse power then it has or should have had as standard

ST
Yes this is our map, we did some further development on k-tecs car so the final product is now finished. On average we see 20lbft very low down and 9hp peak. The one i did yesterday on the dyno made 10/12 lbft all the way over the rev range + an extra 9hp. I have graphs from our dyno and another dyno dynamics.

Some of the lads on meganesport are looking at a group buy on the map if you are interested.

I'll dig the graphs out tomorrow if i have chance.

Paul

Group buy eh...

Say there was 10 cars what sort of price would you be doing it for per car mate??

Leeds is also a lot closer than Dorset when coming from Glasgow lol..

Golf R
RS Tuning has it's own sub-forum on Meganesport which i'm a member on... i'll wait and see what happens but i can make a post over here once we have further details.

Is it far to say that mike, alan and jamie would all be interested though?

BMW M3
^^^I dont understand? Uve advertised as it saying on average 20lbs, but the one you did yesterday made 10/12lbs? Coz that aint average, why has it dropped half? Coz that looks a bit rubbish? Or have i missed something? Is it 20lbs low down and then just 10/12lbs for the rest of the rev range? What would it be like with an ITG panel filter remapped?

Cheers
Mike

When he says: we get 20lbs on average. Thats what most cars torque peak at at some point tin the range. The heighest point...... but what he means here is that he got that figure all across the rev range, not just its peak. Thats damn good !!

I was going to be doubtful about the figures from k-tec but agree now that I heard it was RStuning :)

Golf R
This has been posted on MS :

Group buy it is then! For 5 cars i can do them @ £295 each and 5+ £275. Our retail on the 197 map is £345 so not a bad saving
smile.gif

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
excellent!!
I havent ever had a car re-mapped or anything so was wondering how it effects the warranty i.e. i guess it would be void if renault knew... but would they be able to tell, by plugging it into the computer??... also is it worth upgrading airfilter and maybe exhaust first or does that not matter??
cheers

excellent!!
I havent ever had a car re-mapped or anything so was wondering how it effects the warranty i.e. i guess it would be void if renault knew... but would they be able to tell, by plugging it into the computer??... also is it worth upgrading airfilter and maybe exhaust first or does that not matter??
cheers
Warently is cancelled so long as Renault can prove the modification is to blame for any of the warenty work.

It can be told the ECU has been remaped but Renault dealers woulnd't they'll just overwrite the maps.

YEp upgrade intake and exhaust to get the best with a custom map.

Ultra Red R27 #80/500
This has been posted on MS :

Group buy it is then! For 5 cars i can do them @ £295 each and 5+ £275. Our retail on the 197 map is £345 so not a bad saving
smile.gif

As the above prices plus 15 cars and it will cost £245.

Theres 2 of us already booked in over on renaultsport.co.uk with about 3-4 more interested. If you're interested or want to book it in give Paul at RS Tuning a call and mention the group buy.

Last edited:
A

andy-footitt

i've had the k-tec remap with a milltec exhaust and its well worth the money. It just seems to pick up better from lower down and revs round a bit higher and uses no more fuel. The only problem ive noticed is that it doesnt like the cold and is very jumpy in the mornings. Otherwise good