ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 seats in a 5 door - seatbelt issue

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Hello boys and girls.

Picked up my 197 interior today, fitted the rears and came to the front seats and ran into problems!

Looks like the 5 door clio is setup differently with regards to seatbelts. How do I get round this?!

My seats...
gymeharu.jpg

197 seats...
gemu9eqy.jpg

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
What is the problem? I can see its further forward but does it not reach or connect?

Can you change the base?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
What is the problem? I can see its further forward but does it not reach or connect?

Can you change the base?

I need clarification from a 3 door owner, but the seatbelts in the 3 door bolt to the pillar at the bottom, whereas mine attach to the seat (as in the picture).

Looking underneath the wiring is different too.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
So swapping the bases will probably be better?

The bottom of the frames look the same, so I should be able to swap the plastics over and attach the belt too.

I wondered if my 5 door would have the same bottom mounting points for the belts. Could maybe use a 3 door set then?

I've then just got the wiring to sort out.

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
The 3 door (at least the 197s) have the seat belt held onto a rail behind/at the side of the seat.

you could always make a hole in the 197 seat base?

I'll have to take a pic but it's a weird setup with regards to the seatbelt in my 5 door.

It bolts to the bottom of the seat but with some weird spring contraption!

Renault clio Mk 3
Pretty simple did it to mine today, all you have to do is change the bit of plastic that is on the side of the seats and the 197 seat have a bolt you screw the seat belt into