ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 stainless exhaust help.

Renaultsport 197 FF
Hi im going to stick a stainless exhaust on my 197 whats the best set up?
i use the car on a day to day basis and not on the track.

SG boost'd 200
What are you looking for? I've got a custom setup on mine, depends if you want it loud or not?

Renaultsport 197 FF
Looking to get the best power gain from it basically.
Is there any thing i need to make sure i don't do i.e so i don't get warning lights etc?

Renaultsport 197 FF
Aww yeh im having it made for me from the manifold down so far it will be:
no pre cat.
De cat pipe (for mot)
from there back im lost what should the bore be etc i don't want to lose compression/power.

Renaultsport 197 FF
yeh the standard exhaust sucks so i want to change it before i have the car remaped.
i have done 42000 miles and have gone through a manifold already lol that sucks better yet i only had the car for 2 months when this happened and renault uk and the garage both said it is wear and tear they then replaced the part with a part that i supplied and it was the wrong part but they stuck it on any way.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
yeh the standard exhaust sucks so i want to change it before i have the car remaped.
i have done 42000 miles and have gone through a manifold already lol that sucks better yet i only had the car for 2 months when this happened and renault uk and the garage both said it is wear and tear they then replaced the part with a part that i supplied and it was the wrong part but they stuck it on any way.

Change your fuel pump as I hear the flat spots on the 197 get worse as the car needs more air. I'm not sure if a remap can just fix that for you though or if you actually need bigger injectors and a better pump though?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
If you fit manifold back with double decat it will need mapped. Once mapped though it will no longer have any flat spots and be pretty smooth.

No need to change fuel pump or injectors on a standard 197.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
If you fit manifold back with double decat it will need mapped. Once mapped though it will no longer have any flat spots and be pretty smooth.

No need to change fuel pump or injectors on a standard 197.

OP there's your answer :)!

Renaultsport 197 FF
Cool the pre cat is out all ready and the main cat will come out with the new exhaust then be mapped keeping the cat and having a section to add back in for the mot is a must.

Clio 200T
The Akrapovic Evo full system with give you 8bhp and 12nm.

Another one is the Scorpion Cat-back, sounds really nice.

Another fix for the flat spot is to put some silicone around the MAP sensor on the inlet mani, really loose as standard and the silicone holds it in place. It doesn't work for all cars though, made it worse on my 200 so I got rid of it and put it back to standard.

Last edited:
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Mapping will not get rid of the flatspot, it will just improved it

Depends where you take it to be mapped. My mate just had his 197 done at rs tuning and it had awful flat spot from fitting new manifold and double decat, now its smooth right from 1k all the way to limiter.

The problem with the flat spot is more accelerating from 2-2.5k iirc. Revving through that range from below it does not produce the same problem and is much harder to notice the effects.

Renaultsport 197 FF
im hopping to have it improved when i have it mapped i am having it mapped through swr stirling i think they use a guy company from around dumblane.

Depends where you take it to be mapped. My mate just had his 197 done at rs tuning and it had awful flat spot from fitting new manifold and double decat, now its smooth right from 1k all the way to limiter.

Clio 197 F1
I can vouch for the Scorpion system like Stevo said, sounds incredible without being too loud/droney as I commute 30 miles a day. Don't even notice the flat spot anymore, just drive around it :race: