ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 - The next milestone????

White 197
Ok so the 197 has now just done over 1,000 miles and as suggested by the members of Cliosport.net the car has definately loosened up.

So can anyone tell me what is the next milestone in terms of improvement in perferomance????

My past BMW diesels and Vauxhall VXR's were definately different cars at around 5,000 miles.

At 5439 miles, it will have an extra 2.5bhp lol.

It's just a gradual process really. Expect full potential about 30-40k lol.

My 172 with 46k has got faster in the last few thousand miles, well I think it has anyway.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
10k. i noticed quite a change then tbh. maybe just placebo effect though.

White 197
At 5439 miles, it will have an extra 2.5bhp lol.

It's just a gradual process really. Expect full potential about 30-40k lol.

My 172 with 46k has got faster in the last few thousand miles, well I think it has anyway.

Oh god, it get's changed at aroun 50K miles. Actually funny you say that sort of mileage because I remember the drag race on top gear between a 60k mile Golf GTI and a new one, the 60k mile car spanked it well and truly.

Clio R27
Do you not have to 'run in' then? The manual says, "Keep below 78mph in top gear for the first 600miles", or something very similar to that...

Do you not have to 'run in' then? The manual says, "Keep below 78mph in top gear for the first 600miles", or something very similar to that...

Yeah, ignore that! :evil:

The quicker they get driven from new, the quicker they are for the rest of their life.

I had a 1.2 16v Punto from new, and I absolutely ragged it from 15 miles on the clock, and it was the quickest 1.2 I had ever known. (If you can call it quick)

A mate had a Saxo VTS from new, and also ragged that from about 3 miles on the clock and it is immensly fast.

Broken Diesel Megane :(

think its more the revs to keep down for first couple hundred miles.

could bounce of the limiter all day in third if you had to keep it at 78mph

1998 BMW e46 323i
I reckon the next milestone will be when squeaks resonate from every bit of trim and bits start falling off; the realisation that yet again Renault have fooked us all up the b0tt0m, lying through their Gauloises-stained teeth about 'ze improver-ment qualite de la build'...

After that depriciation will be the final milestone/insult.

Not that I'm bitter :nono:

White 197
I reckon the next milestone will be when squeaks resonate from every bit of trim and bits start falling off; the realisation that yet again Renault have fooked us all up the b0tt0m, lying through their Gauloises-stained teeth about 'ze improver-ment qualite de la build'...

It can't be much worse than the depreciation I have had on Mercedes, BMW and Porsche Products.

For Example

Mercedes C220 CDI WAS £28K after 6 months BECAME £19K

Porsche Boxster 2.7 WAS £45K after 9 months BECAME £32K

BMW Z4C WAS £36K after 6 months BECAME £26K

Clio 182

It can't be much worse than the depreciation I have had on Mercedes, BMW and Porsche Products.

For Example

Mercedes C220 CDI WAS £28K after 6 months BECAME £19K

Porsche Boxster 2.7 WAS £45K after 9 months BECAME £32K

BMW Z4C WAS £36K after 6 months BECAME £26K

Jesus you've lost a lot of money in depreciation!! Do you just love writing dealers cheques? I wont sell my 182 because I dont want to lose 5 and half grand in three years! and I think i'm being robbed!! If you can afford it though then fine!

I think you lost more on the Boxster than I've spent on cars in total*.

* Not including all the bloody repairs to s**tty old cars