ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Throttle Bodies?

C

clvs2222

be quite a while (year or so) till you could get them off the shelf. i know there is one company who are developing them as we speak

1998 BMW e46 323i
Reno should have fitted them in the factory IMO, they made that thing so feckin heavy it needs some extra oomph

raw striker
just to prove they have been on the car and running (in development form anyhow)

(vid processing on youtube. will give link when its live)

raw striker
all to early in the day to give out any info im afraid. but the initial testing looks promising. should know more in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
  GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
this was very early R&D, length testing and basic cam timing testing.....

we actually hand made the inlet manifold in house for this test...

C

clvs2222

sounds special that. i know a company near me has completed and are actually driving the car with the throttle bodies perfectly working. dont know if they are going to manifacture them though. shall ask next time im up there

White Sti Hatch
Does want !! they fit a 1.6 :) !

Andy way off topic but you guys wouldent happen to be able to get Braided lines for a 1.6 Mk3 would you ???

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
should be a bit more info on these soon, as the new runners are made and ready for "hopfully" final testing

E30 318iS x2
whats the advantage of them? sorry if hijacking but I have no idea how they work etc would appriciate if some one can explain :)

Tav

Clio 197
whats the advantage of them? sorry if hijacking but I have no idea how they work etc would appriciate if some one can explain :)

An individual throttle is used for each cylinder (4 in the case of the Clio). This has a number of advantages over a single throttle supplying air to all cylinders. There are opportunities for increased power, torque and throttle response. The improvements are possible due to a more direct, free flowing air path.

Here is the view down one throttle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMg9mwwP8LY

You can see the inlet ports/valves are directly inline with the inlet trumpet so the air can flow straight to the cylinder with minimal restriction.

Honda S2000 example, not too much gains high up...but great increase in mid-range torque (no bad thing on a Honda...or a 197 for that matter):

pgCKH05.gif

Lots scope for tuning the ITB's for your desired performance characteristics through changing length/diameters/injector position etc.

E30 318iS x2
An individual throttle is used for each cylinder (4 in the case of the Clio). This has a number of advantages over a single throttle supplying air to all cylinders. There are opportunities for increased power, torque and throttle response. The improvements are possible due to a more direct, free flowing air path.

Here is the view down one throttle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMg9mwwP8LY

You can see the inlet ports/valves are directly inline with the inlet trumpet so the air can flow straight to the cylinder with minimal restriction.

Honda S2000 example, not too much gains high up...but great increase in mid-range torque (no bad thing on a Honda...or a 197 for that matter):

pgCKH05.gif

Lots scope for tuning the ITB's for your desired performance characteristics through changing length/diameters/injector position etc.

Thanks very much for clearing that up :)

Tav

Clio 197
No worries! I had a set of home brew ITB's for my Polo before I sold it. Never got round to fitting them but there was scope for 125bhp, which is a marked increase over the standard 75bhp. All with some bike bodies, a custom manifold, uprated cam and some other bits and pieces. Would have loved the option to buy an off the shelf kit, even if you do it on your own it costs almost as much and the results are often not as good...especially if the off the shelf kit is well designed.

ITB's are definately something I'd consider for future plans if I bought a Clio.

White Sti Hatch
ITB's are a great bit of kit but not worth it if your car dosnt see the Red Line on a daily basis imo