ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st Must Do Mods ?

BMW E90 & PH2 172
Pick up my Black Ph1 172 tomorrow, And was just wounding whats the 1st must do mods ? I know about wheels, Lows And exhaust im talking about the little touch's so far ive come up with,

3/4 Front Plate
Skoda Splitter "Already Ordered Bargain at £5.72, Mate works for Vw ;)"
Carbon wrap interior trim

And thats as fair as ive got so far anyone else can add to my list of little touch's ? As ive already got one for the bigger things lol

MK3 GTI golf 16v
solid top mounts
phase 2 rear lights
possibly remove fog lights if you prefer the look, can hook a cold air feed up as well then

BMW E90 & PH2 172
RS tuner remap.

Not yet dude going to use the car over the winter save using the Bmw get use to the car and the way it drive then im Supercharging it next yeah, So just going to do the some mods atm ie exhaust GAZ coilovers thats type of thing.

Civic Type R ariel. Stops the car looking like it is radio controlled. Silvatec bulbs to get rid of the orange ones.

O s**t yeah forgot to add that to the list i have one of them sticking in my room ready, Slivatec nice call eBay of i go lol.

if its a ph1, clear side repeators ?

eBay watch list ;)

BMW E90 & PH2 172
solid top mounts
phase 2 rear lights
possibly remove fog lights if you prefer the look, can hook a cold air feed up as well then[/QUOTE

Not a fan of the PH2 rear lights imo, Mate of mine is getting my a price for a Full Pollybush kit monday + That comes under my bigger list not little touch's lol, Yeah i have two lists lol

Swift Sport
If you're from Cannock then I can only suggest that you part exchange it for a VW so you're socially accepted. Then again, I probably know you if you're from chav-land like myself.

BMW E90 & PH2 172
If you're from Cannock then I can only suggest that you part exchange it for a VW so you're socially accepted. Then again, I probably know you if you're from chav-land like myself.

Part/X with my Vw f**k that i would rather part x my heart i love my little polo only comes out for the shows and every now and then ie mag feature, Na bought the clio so i now have a Bmw E46 Compact, Vw Polo & Also Ph1 172 Lol, + Live in cannock not from cannock im from Southampton.

for the money surely you can get some nicer coilovers than GAZ

What would you say to get ?

I would avoid GAZ coilovers TBH.

As above what would you says i should get for the same round about money ?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
well whats your suspension budget ? i have ran AP coilovers which are around £500 and are the best ones you will get for sub £750/800 they are very very good

i have also ran Ktecs cheap coilovers and they are s**t. came on my new car though, will be leaving it soon lol

for about £800 you can get KW type 1s

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I would avoid GAZ coilovers TBH.

^^ why? WHats wrong with gaz exactly?
What coilovers do you run yourself...

Listen to Fletcher!
The man speaks sense :).

Check out the progress blog on my old PH1:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?548536-Nickson-s-Titanium-PH1-172

I went for Gaz originally and regretted it. From seizing adjusters to seizing shock absorbers.

Customer service was good, but the product wasn't.

I would wholeheartedly recommend FK Konigsports though! :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
^^ why? WHats wrong with gaz exactly?
What coilovers do you run yourself...

I have driven 2 172 clios with GAZ coilovers fitted, and wasn't impressed. I found them very very harsh on the road and didn't rate them. I also know of people who have had issues with build quality.

I run H&R coilovers.

What would you say to get ?

As above what would you says i should get for the same round about money ?

Not sure how much GAZ cost?

If you just want 'lows' then go for them or something similar, if you want a car that actually handles then go for something like H&Rs, ASTs, KWs...etc

Swift Sport
Part/X with my Vw f**k that i would rather part x my heart i love my little polo only comes out for the shows and every now and then ie mag feature, Na bought the clio so i now have a Bmw E46 Compact, Vw Polo & Also Ph1 172 Lol, + Live in cannock not from cannock im from Southampton.

Not what I meant, I suggested swapping the Clio for a VW until I realised you'd already got one lol. Is that why you moved up here, to be closer to VW central??

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
1st mod is a good set of tyres for me - no budget ditch finders..

A45 AMG 406BHP
hmmmm

i used to run gaz gold coilovers with a 250lb spring 8 inch, modified lower arm.(ax)
and they where awesome!

they wont seize if you remeber to grease your threads up.
(ive been in a car on AST,Bilstein coilovers,leda

id like to say this was on a track car and never used on the road lol

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
hmmmm

i used to run gaz gold coilovers with a 250lb spring 8 inch, modified lower arm.(ax)
and they where awesome!

they wont seize if you remeber to grease your threads up.
(ive been in a car on AST,Bilstein coilovers,leda

id like to say this was on a track car and never used on the road lol

It's not my height adjusters that seized.

The rear damping adjuster seized solid because of something internal in the damper itself.

BMW E90 & PH2 172
So far on the 1st must do mods "Little Touches"

Ive got

3/4 Number plate
Twingo/Clio Sport Badges
Skoda Splitter
SilverTec Bulbs all round

Do you think ive missed some thing ?