ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st time claying - Help needed!

RB 182 Cup
Just claying my car for the first time using the Megs kit. Just done the bonnet wand wiped off the lube (Quick Detailer) and I looks abolutely shite! Just wanted to make sure that I'm doing it right before I go on an ruin the whole car! :eek:

The bonnet looks like it has been wet flatted. I havn't been using much force, and I have used plenty of lube, and obviously havn't polished or waxed the bonnet yet.

Am I doing it right?!

Abarth 500 Essesse
yeh it will take off all the wax and protection it may had before, so will look pretty sh*t, just use plenty of the QD on the panel and you'll be fine, just make sure its polished and sealed afterwards and all should be fine, :)

106 GTi
Quite normal for a car to look crap after claying, but if it really looks like it has been wet flatted after I would be worried !

RB 182 Cup
Thanks for your help guys.
Carried on and did the whole car, then polished with SRP and then waxed with EGP. Looks the dogs danglies now! I'm well chuffed! :cool:

I'm going to try and take some photos to post up tonight.