ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 Questions about the iPhone

185lb/ft dCi
Right I'll be purchasing a 3g iphone off G4Z soon, I want to ask some questions:

1. Will my o2 payg sim work in his pay monthly iphone?

2. whats this i hear about paying for wifi, does this mean wireless internet, because surely it doesn't mean wireless LAN? currently have an ipod touch and no costs for wifi there...

Thanks
James

Citroen DS3 DSport
Probably better with a Simplicity tariff including web bolt-on. £19.58 per month, unlimited web access, 600 minutes and 1200 texts. Monthly contract.

Last edited:
  185lb/ft dCi
Thanks for the reply! just what I was looking for. Looks like i'll be able to go ahead with it then, not bothered about 3g internet anyway tbh, there is enough wifi zones around the place to keep me happy.

do you happen to use 3g alot?

EDIT: I will just get one of the text tariffs which i have now, send alot more texts than i do calls, never on the phone long. So i'll just top up 10 quid a month like i do now.

is that unlimited 3g web access?

185lb/ft dCi
Yeah unlimited 3G so not bad at all. You can always add the web & wifi payg bolt-on instead.

£7.50 per month for web, £10 per month for web and wifi access.

http://www.o2.co.uk/explore/tariffs/boltons/paygoboltons

Right so if i got a new PAYG sim with unlimited web and wifi access

"These SimCards are built for iPhone 3G but can be used with any Unlocked Mobile Phone, It includes unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for the first 12 months"

Thats off an ebay ad, comes with £10 credit.

Would I only need to get the web bolt on for £7.50 which would allow me unlimited bandwidth?

Thanks for helping me out!

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
A iPhone PAYG sim which comes with a iPhone includes all of your browsing and wifi access for the first year so you would not need a bolt-on during that time. The ebay seller appears to be selling the sim card minus the iPhone.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Getting an iPhone and NOT having unlimited 3G internet is a bit pointless imo. Well worth getting a contract with unlimited data, or a bolt on if you can get that on PAYG?

You use 3G all the time, nothing really works without it other than the usual phone/ipod functions.

Internet, iTunes, Appstore, Maps, Youtube, Weather and most of the downloadable Apps you can get.