ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

20. 16v conversion, what do i need?

firstly can i mention i dont want a thread of "just buy a sport" "save your money and get a sport" etc etc as this is something i want to do.

anyways what would i need?
in my head i got ;
then engine (obv)
the loom,
the ecu,
the keys'
the uch?,

all from the same car?
what about the driveshafts etc would they be different from mine?
would i need the sport dials aswell?
would i be able to do this and get a decent set of 2nd hand coilovers for say £2,000

cheers
dan

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Complete conversion kit for £1500 + vat ( everything you need + a lot more tackle you dont realise you need )

do i get that off you? could you possible make a list for me? that would be awesome. ill have the money for everything around the 12th may :D i cannot wait

MERCEDES CLS AMG
You get...

Engine
Gearbox
manifold
sub frame
wiring loom
driveshafts
radiator
plip key
ECU
UCH
ring decoder
immobiliser code
front discs
front calipers
wishbones
anti roll bar
Inst panel

count me in for one in may :D
is it a strait forward swap for swap or would i need a garage for a few things ?

then all i will need is coilovers and 2118's in white and then my car is how i would like it

MERCEDES CLS AMG
There easy to do as the engine bays are identical. Its possible to do one on your driveway but you will need an engine crane / ramps. Dont be put off doing it by critics.

cliosle.jpg

172slee.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010005.jpg

W

Willy

If i had the money id want something like that to show up all the boy racers :D

yea ive started a few of these threads now and its nice to get decent comments (thanks matt) its annoying when 99% of the club says get a sport etc etc just because one person says it

gooddd dammmm i need one of those my enigines foooked so may have to invest myself

just a note; invest means by definition "expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit - financial or material"

Therefore putting a 2 litre lump a 1.6 & the inherent cost is not an 'investment' however the world would be a very boring place if people didn't do these things - especially the TT lump - love the balls out luncay :cool:

LY 182
i got my stuff from matt wouldnt reccomend you do it that way for the aftersales help etc alone

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
It will be fun following you across the 4069 in the summer Dan:eek: you're a bloody mad fucker in the 1.2

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
firstly can i mention i dont want a thread of "just buy a sport" "save your money and get a sport" etc etc as this is something i want to do.
dan

People say this for a very very good reason you would be silly not to heed it. If you want to do it for fun then fair enough, but what a needless waste of money...

106 GTI
People say this for a very very good reason you would be silly not to heed it. If you want to do it for fun then fair enough, but what a needless waste of money...

But if he is capable of doing the project himself with next to no labour costs why not?

Perhaps the car contains memories, sentimental(sp?) values.

Everything can also be checked over this way also, I know I would use this to my advantage and heat wrap the mani, powerflex mountings etc

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Sorry for hi jack, but how hard is it to wire up the loom?
Also how do you get the new brakes to work with ABS drums?
Final question, how hard is it to put Disks on the back is there a guide, p.s I have searched.

Static Low
Im in the business of doing the conversion aswell bud. Already been in contact with K-tec about doing it !! Certainly not a waste of money in my eyes, considering i paid £5000 for the car and spent around £1,500 on it already. I dont want to get about £3000 for the car by selling it & then have to splash out even more for a sport & then have to start modding it all over again. The whole sleeper affect is cool aswell. Lots of people thinking theyre just going to blow me away cause im in a 1.2, then i put the foot down.

Last edited:

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
I love the sleeper look :)
My m8 had a 1.6ztec with 75 shot of NOS

Was priceless when you over take some BMW or Audi on a duel as they always put there foot down to stop you overtaking them, finger on the spray as you wheel spin at 60 and fly past.

My friend become to addicted and BOOM went his engine :( and now he has the Chav car know as the Fiesta ST

Im in the business of doing the conversion aswell bud. Already been in contact with K-tec about doing it !! Certainly not a waste of money in my eyes, considering i paid £5000 for the car and spent around £1,500 on it already. I dont want to get about £3000 for the car by selling it & then have to splash out even more for a sport & then have to start modding it all over again. The whole sleeper affect is cool aswell. Lots of people thinking theyre just going to blow me away cause im in a 1.2, then i put the foot down.

youve hit the nail on the head.
lol my mum is on to me about getting a sevice done lol im trying to explain that engines going in a few months bless her