ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 idling

RB 200
Just wondered if anybody else's 200 (standard exhaust) pops when its idling? Nothing too loud, only noticed it today. I was expecting it to pop when you change gear like most other cars.

Cheers

Just wondered if anybody else's 200 (standard exhaust) pops when its idling? Nothing too loud, only noticed it today. I was expecting it to pop when you change gear like most other cars.

Cheers

Cant really say I've noticed it on mine tbf. Mine does sometimes when changing gear though. Get it checked if you are worried.

Clio RS 200 Gordini

Cheers

Yep, like a thump now and then from the middle end of the exhaust. Totally normal. I get no pops when changing gear though.

RB 200
Yep, like a thump now and then from the middle end of the exhaust. Totally normal. I get no pops when changing gear though.
Mines exactly like that mate. After reading the thread on here about getting the silencer remover from the middle of the exhaust and watching a video on youtube, I'll get that done. I want some snap, crackle and pop!

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Mines exactly like that mate. After reading the thread on here about getting the silencer remover from the middle of the exhaust and watching a video on youtube, I'll get that done. I want some snap, crackle and pop!

Just be aware that anything you do to the Clio will worsen it until you get it remapped. You'll end up with the infamous flat spot if you mess about with the exhaust.

RB 200
Just be aware that anything you do to the Clio will worsen it until you get it remapped. You'll end up with the infamous flat spot if you mess about with the exhaust.
Thought you only got that if you removed the cat?