ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2000 Clio 172 wont start

Clio sport 172
Hi im new to the forum and im in need of help!
i have a 2000 clio sport 172. The car is my rally car iv worked on it for the last two months to get it finished finally got all the work done put its new battery on and went to start it the morning of my first rally and the engine turned over but did not fire up, the immobiliser light just flashes not fast just at its normal rate the fuel pump primes but there is no spark! We have tried to fault find everything and it boils down to no spark! Iv tried many things that i read online about rematching the key fob to the reader but nothing has worked Can someone help and just confirm that this is the immobiliser locking the ecu!
Any info is greatly appreciated many thanks
ben

Clio sport 172
Iv tried that iv also tried pressing the interior central locking button until
the doors lock and unlock then pressing the key fob then trying to start it still no luck it just turns over with the immobiliser light still flashing at me.

Clio sport 172
The light isnt flashing fast it just flashes at its normal rate even while the engine is turning over the stop light stays on and the light flashes at a normal rate not fast like iv seen online. Coukd it b some thing else not the immobiliser? Im stuck as iv done everything i can think of!!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
My car did this last December. Tried replacing the chip in the keys and that didn't make any difference. Took it to Birchdown and they replaced the immobiliser ring on the ignition with a second hand one they had spare and it's been fine ever since then.

Clio sport 172
Do u mean the key reader ring that is around the ignition barrel ? Iv got one of those il try it and see if it works thanks

Clio sport 172
Rite iv checked the relays under the bonnet as i was told they get corroded they seem clean so iv changed the ring around the barrel still no luck the immobiliser light just continuously flashes at a steady pace. The fuel pum primes wen u turn the ignition on, im sll out of options i think diagnostics is the only way to solve the problem!

Clio sport 172
Any1 now of anything that it could be as the immobiliser light is not flashing fast so the key is recognised by the car, it just wont deactivate the immobiliser?? HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Clio sport 172
Finally fixed it some how two small wiers had pinched by the powersteeting resivior so cut and rejoined them and it started first time

182 trackcar, XC60t6
my car (172) had a flat battery and then would not start with with a charge or new battery, lots of turning no firing. Have had this happen before. The 'fix' this time was to turn the key all the way to the last position and leave it on for a good 30secs. OFf and then it fired. Maybe lack of fuel??