ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 172 FF Front Bumper Removal

Can anyone guide to where the bumper retaining bolts or clips are in order to remove my front bumper.

And what tools i'll need, I.e Sockets etc etc

As i have uprated xenons bulbs to fit.

And i think its a bumper off job

two bolts under each archliner where it joins the wing, then pull out to unclip....two bolts on the grill, and a few underneath..... then pull forward

not a clio anymore
I can't remember if there is anything underneath (you may have to remove some bolts that hold the plastic cover.)
I think the bolt on the grill that are mentioned here are 2 spring loaded little plastic screw things. Open the bonnet and they are visible.

not a clio anymore
If you PM me your email address, I can send you a guide with pics but in French (but the pics are a good help)

Well, it didn't take you long then!
Good job, we'll wait for the pics

No it was quite a straight forward job suprisingly. :)

I just wasn't keen once i had all bolts/screws out etc and had to pull a bit on bumper :S

Any way heres a few pics of the 8000k Bulbs in the car (I badly need to get a Cup Splitter i think :().

XenonsBulb.jpg

XenonBulb2.jpg

XenonBulb.jpg

I dunno if theres much difference over standard Hid Bulbs (I forgot to take photo before i changed them)

Here are the ones a removed

StandardHidBulbs.jpg

StandardHidBulbs2.jpg

I also took a few pics of the Blue Led Sidelights i bought as well to try and match the Hid's. :)

LedSidelight.jpg

LedSidelight2.jpg

They aint very Good and i can't really capture the Light the now as its too light :(

I'll get a few in the dark and post them up ;)

Last edited:

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Nice work mate.

Did you get any pics during the bumper removal ? I want to take mine off to do CAF so any help / advise would be appreciated.

Is it a two person job to take it off & refit ?

Last edited:
Cheers folks,

No pics of bumper removal i'm afraid but i have i guide i can e mail ya's.

But its in french but you get the just of it by the pictures :)

Updated night time pictures are in the Car Electrical Section in a Post Headed My 8000k Headlight Bulbs :)

Nice work mate.

Did you get any pics during the bumper removal ? I want to take mine off to do CAF so any help / advise would be appreciated.

Is it a two person job to take it off & refit ?

I managed my self mate to remove i just laid an old quilt cover on ground on front of car so i could lay it face down on that without scratching it ;)

I have a front and rear bumper removal guide i can e mail you if you wish ?

I was emailed it from Nono on here :)

The instructions are in french though but i managed to understand it by using the pictures and a few tips i was giving in this post :)

P.m me your email address

clio 172 2004
Hi, have to remove my bumber as its sagging, mind emailing teh guide if you still have it? if its sagging, does it just need tightening? can literally move the bumper up and down a cm or so. ph2 172 04.