ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2007 Ultra Red 197

CLIO 197 Ultra red
as it was dry and above freezing today i decided to make the most of it and give the car a wash!

I have owned this car for about 6 weeks now and love it. 2007 FF with recaros, xenon cornering lights.

the progress for my car so far is;
Sony HU
Pioneer/renault speaker upgrade
silvertec indicator bulbs all round
Pipercross filter
Cup shocks/Eibach springs
RS steering wheel trim

I think that is the modifications and titivations done for now. Maybe a remap in the new year to do away with the flat spot and kangarooing but as it is now im well pleased.

Some photo's;
IMG_0151.gif

IMG_0150.gif

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0146.gif

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

Mini Cooper S
Wouldn't a cup have red calipers and black handles? The side strip looks gloss.

Car looks great, get rid of the Clio badge.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
oohhh how you find the springs? Was thinking of a slight drop for my Cup

Couldnt measure from the lip to wheel centres when you get a min could you? (pref not on the drive with the handbrake on as this lowers the rear)

Cheers

CLIO 197 Ultra red
Isn't that a cup? Black strip, and no climate?

no mate its a FF but i put new cup shocks on and eibach springs

i wanted a FF with recaros and cup pack but this one came up and was too good to miss so just did the suspension myself.

the side strips are painted same colour as the wheels

was thinking about painting the calipers red but i think it might be a bit much on a red car and i kind of like the silver brembos anyway.

gaz-kev i will take a measure tomorrow. well pleased with the springs. together with the cup dampers it defo feels better than before. just need wheel alignment done.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cheers fella. not sure how much of a drop it'll give over cupped springs, i'm thinking just over 10mm :)

Fiesta ST3
hey mate, the car looks ace :) did you put the conti sport 3's on? how do you find them? im after some for my cup :D

CLIO 197 Ultra red
i tell myself it saves a bit of weight lol

the conti 3's were on when i got the car. i cant fault them. awsome in the dry and very good in the wet. when its slimey/damp theyre now great but doubt many 'sport' tyres would be.

i would say they were easily a match for the PE2's anyway

Ibiza SC
Looks nice mate! I have that head unit also in mine, bloody hate the thing for some reason! What the hell is the 'ZAP' crud all about??