ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200EDC on Cooksport Springs

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Had the Cooksport springs fitted yesterday and couldn't resist taking it out somewhere in the 'light' to have a better look. Looks wise it's made a massive difference, it will settle more apparently. The main thing for me is its lost that massive front wheel arch gap and lost that reverse rake look that all 200 EDC Clios have. I only drove it about 8 miles last night but they feel good, not crashy, it all feels nice and tight. Looking forward to taking it out after work tonight in RS Mode to give it some stick.
DSC_1793~4.JPG
DSC_1790~3.JPG
DSC_1796~3.JPG
DSC_1794.JPG
DSC_1788.JPG

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Lovely. Has this got spacers, or do they fill the arches that well in standard form?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Lovely. Has this got spacers, or do they fill the arches that well in standard form?
No spacers fitted, it's not like the 172-182s buried an inch inside the arch. Luckily they site nicely in them.

Ojc

Clio 220 Trophy, 172
Looks superb, hope they are going to sort something for the Trophy as they promised

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks superb, hope they are going to sort something for the Trophy as they promised
The Trophy does look a bit better than the 200. At least with the Cooksports it gives you a better ride height but doesn't compromise the ride.

Clio200 EDC Lux
Looks nice, even though mine has the cup pack the stock still does look a bit high as you mention, will see how you get on and may change mine too!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks nice, even though mine has the cup pack the stock still does look a bit high as you mention, will see how you get on and may change mine too!
Thank you, yeah in my opinion it just doesn't make sense how they sit in their original position. The Cup springs drop my 3mm, as soon as I bought the Clio I knew it had to go on Cooksports.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Really happy with how it all is, tomorrow it's booked in with Renault to have the gearbox software updated

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Did you just have to ring them up and book it in?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
I was told there was a definite upgrade so I spoke to the service department when I was there ordering the RS mats. Yep booked a convenient appointment there and then.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I was told there was a definite upgrade so I spoke to the service department when I was there ordering the RS mats. Yep booked a convenient appointment there and then.
Great stuff. I'll have a word with my dealership. Thanks.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Great stuff. I'll have a word with my dealership. Thanks.

No probs, all I said to them was there was an upgrade to the software to which they confirmed. As its not a fault or recall I had to pay which was fine by me.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Ahh fair enough, let us know how you go with it as I'm tempted by one.
Yeah of course, I'll probably set up a project thread as a progression log so everything's in one place.

Definitely worth a decent test drive out to try the RS mode and the paddles.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Yeah of course, I'll probably set up a project thread as a progression log so everything's in one place.

Definitely worth a decent test drive out to try the RS mode and the paddles.

Let me know if you want this thread converted to a project thread mate :up:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Are you ever parked outside Southchurch Park? I've only ever seen one 200T in my life but there's been one parked outside there a few times now. Looks well btw :)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Are you ever parked outside Southchurch Park? I've only ever seen one 200T in my life but there's been one parked outside there a few times now. Looks well btw :smile:
Erm.... Maybe lol, I'm the same person that owned the supercharged Petrol Blue 182

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Oh yeah I recognise your name now lol, and should have looked at 'location' there :tongueout: noticed there's a garage or shed or something built where you used to keep your car? I've moved out of my mums that was right near it but I'm still walking distance so am going past the park all the time!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Haha yeah that was a second property owned by my landlady which she sold a few months ago, a shame as I lost the parking space otherwise I'd have the Clio there.
You still own the 182? Have to meet up sometime, I use the Clio on the weekends and on the lookout to rent a garage.