ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2010 clio 1.5dci project

LY 182
ok so im 17 and passed my test in april this year, i have done a few modifications already as i have had the car from january and it has been sat in the garage until then. so i have collected a few photos over the past few months and have decided to finaly write up this thread showing you guys my progress :)
sooo.. this is how the car looked when i bought it,

AETV68670185_1b-1.jpg

AETV68670185_2b-1.jpg

AETV68670185_3b.jpg

as you can see it was like a monster truck sat in the dealers so the first modification was to buy some new 17" wheels and 35mm lowering spring to fill the arches abit but didnt want it to low and i am only an apprentice and pay for the accesories my self so coilovers wasnt really an option, although i did manage to sponge of mum and dad for the car and insurance... haha
so this is how it looked after i fitted wheels and springs
just the wheels, not lowerd

IMG_4243-1.jpg

wheels and springs fitted!

IMG_4294-1.jpg

after that i decided to do a few of my own bodge jobs when i got bored so decided to buy some sheets of carbon wrap offf ebay and attempted to wrap the badges myself which didnt actually turn out to bad! also sprayed the mirrors with hammerite satin black.
this is how it looked at the time, ignore the L plate ;)

IMG_4746-1.jpg

then a couple of weeks later i passed my driving test :D :cool: and immediatly took it for a quick spin..
the first drive...

IMG_4333.jpg

then as i thought the back end looked abit boring i was sharp to fit a k-tech sprint spoiler and a few stickers to spruce it up abit,
i think i might get some stick for the nurburgring sticker but i actually have been when i was 15 and have kept the sticker in my draw ever since!
took a few photos on a nice drive along the country roads of great ayton and osmotherly earlier this week and stoped for a few photos.
this is how it is currently sat on the drive :)

575986_380167635339351_100000383530184_1242202_1693746549_n.jpg

no one likes the rain :(

IMG_4852.jpg

open to any questions and opinions :)

Last edited:
  LY 182
Thanks, it might be hard to find a good colour match, but if i ever need to get the wheels refurbished i might do them then :)

LY 182
yes i agree i think it could do with abit of tint on the rear, i dont know why but i kind of like the bump strips in black haha

LY 182
thanks! :)
could anybody recomend where to buy some side skirts from and which one would just add abit of shape and style as i dont want any big boy racer ones haha

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
Theres a lad, round my ends, he has the side skirts without the front bumper, looks alright tbh, I would get a picture of his but he doesn't really like me as every time he races me I leave him behind, 1.2 doesn't get you anywhere! haha :)

LY 182
ok so i got bored today and decided to spray my dash strip and vent surrounds red, i wasnt sure if i was going to like them or not but in the end i actually do think the look preety cool and are growing on me :)
heres what they look like...
IMG_4868.jpg

LY 182
decided to make the most of the sun and gave the car a quick clean after work. :)

future plans
silvervisions have been orded
gonna get some sort of exhaust tip just so it pokes out the back of the bumper abit
i am thinking of getting some ap coilovers as i want to go lower.. anybody had any experiecne with these, are the any good ?
removing the 'C L I O' off the boot and putting the front diamond back to silver but leaving the back on in carbon vinyl
anybody get any other ideas ? let me know what you think :)

IMG_4888.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4895.jpg

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Remove the iMusic Badge, Colour code, Shorter aerial, Paint the wheels silver and clean plates. In my opinion of course.

LY 182
Shorter aerial and removing imusic badges would look cool, but i like the look of the black wheels and sidestrips

Ged

PD130 Peach
IMO, would look allot better with a different set of wheels, not a fan of them....loose the stickers, loose the C L I O as you said, maybe loose the i-music? i think it adds a bit of a halfords look myself but that might be just me, erm colour code the black door strips, and if your budget stretches get some of the clio mk3 facelift lights with the projectors in and fit HID's... just dont fit HID's in your headlights, reflectors mean it will blind everyone.

Out of interest how do you drive it... Be honest.... i was 17 less than a year ago ;) and what mpg does it return driving as you do?

LY 182
Im actually really sensible when im on my own and can get over 60mpg on long motorways at 70mph but i admit it that when im with freinds i do try show off sometimes

Ged

PD130 Peach
Im actually really sensible when im on my own and can get over 60mpg on long motorways at 70mph but i admit it that when im with freinds i do try show off sometimes

Sounds about right :) Quite quick and have awesome mpg. Long as you survive the first few months of driving you should be okay!

Out of interest, at 17 how have you managed an 8k car? i thought i was lucky! haha

320d
I like it. A few things left to do but its a project so I'm sure the finished product will look even better.

DCI's are a great choice for a first car, better than a 1.2.

Its crying out for blanc number plates though. Get yourself onto fancy plates.

Another good point is when you get bored of it in a year or so. £300 later its mapped and like a whole new car.

Ged

PD130 Peach
Another good point is when you get bored of it in a year or so. £300 later its mapped and like a whole new car.

And needs a whole new dual mass flywheel a few months after that, only reason why i dont wanna map mine :/

Ged

PD130 Peach
my brothers dual mass went on a standard map, they are a weak point that renault apparently know about, he got his replaced with a heavy duty one according to renault but that was under warranty

Yeah mines on the way out i rekon. track time at donnington should just about finish it off... haha

Ged

PD130 Peach
one thing... did it still drive when it was fecked? just incase it lets go one day when im away, nice to know i could get home

I Don't want to sound harsh and i intend no offence,

De-badge
De-sticker
De-red

Look for some Oem wheels or pay the premium for OZ's or Twingo RS wheels, the ones you have put on make it look cheap and make you seem like a bored 17 year old by trying to over do it

Good points

The height
The spoiler

Also colour code bump strips and handles

Honestly the more standard a car the better subtlety is the key

LY 182
Debadge and desticker and red dash will be sprayed satin black by the weekend! Will post pics once done :)
shall i keep the black vinyl diamonds or go back to silver ? Opinions welcome

LY 182
ok, managed to get a few things done tonight..
removed the 'C L I O' off the boot
removed eibach springs sticker off rear bumper
removed carbon front diamond
removed ipone sticker off front
also played around with the center caps on my wheels, let me know what you think looks best
also do you think i should remove the 'imusic' off the sides ?

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4914.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

opoinions welcome

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looks better without the centre caps. however would look better with them on but black i recon! but its a start!

didnt know mk3's had DMF's MK2's didnt

LY 182
gonna get some satin black spray tommorow to do my dash ill put some on the center caps aswell and see what it looks like... will post pics when done! :)